What is the status of coverageCount?

John Blischak

Nov 29, 2018, 2:06:29 PM11/29/18
to Subread
Hi,

I noticed that Subread 1.6.3 no longer builds the executable coverageCount. Was this intentional? There is no mention in the changelog that this feature was deprecated. Also, I couldn't find anything when I searched the mailing list for coverageCount.

Here are the steps I took to verify this:

docker run -it --rm ubuntu
apt
-get update
apt
-get install -y gcc make wget zlib1g-dev
# 1.6.2
wget https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/subread/subread-1.6.2/subread-1.6.2-source.tar.gz
tar xzf subread-1.6.2-source.tar.gz
cd subread-1.6.2-source/src
make -f Makefile.Linux
cd ../..
#1.6.3
wget https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/subread/subread-1.6.3/subread-1.6.3-source.tar.gz
tar xzf subread-1.6.3-source.tar.gz
cd subread-1.6.3-source/src
make -f Makefile.Linux
cd ../..
# Compare
diff <(ls subread-1.6.2-source/bin/) <(ls subread-1.6.3-source/bin/)
diff <(ls subread-1.6.2-source/bin/utilities/) <(ls subread-1.6.3-source/bin/utilities/)
# 1d0
# < coverageCount

Thanks,

John

Wei Shi

Nov 29, 2018, 5:51:30 PM11/29/18
to Subread
Unfortunately we have decided to discontinue this function.

John Blischak

Nov 29, 2018, 8:42:14 PM11/29/18
to Subread
Hi Wei,

Thanks for the quick response. Would it be possible to update the changelog so that users know this function has been removed?

Thanks,

John

Wei Shi

Nov 29, 2018, 10:44:47 PM11/29/18
to Subread
Apologies for omitting this in the release note of version 1.6.3. I have just updated the release note.

Wei

John Blischak

Nov 30, 2018, 9:01:11 AM11/30/18
to Subread