Short Coffee Break Read For You

1 view

Lucy V Hay

Jul 28, 2017, 3:02:37 AM7/28/17
to Stu

Hi, Partner In Crime! As a subscriber, you will always get my news, offers, free stuff, short stories and more FIRST! So without further ado, do scro

Like   Tweet   Pin   +1   in
13391565 10153740794216139 7438550394538845586 o

Hi, Partner In Crime!

As a subscriber, you will always get my news, offers, free stuff, short stories and more FIRST! So without further ado, do scroll down for my VERY short short story - just 249 words.

Enjoy - and if you like it, please feel free to share with your friends and followers on your social media profiles.

Lucy V xx

SEND NO FLOWERS

The problem: he was so nice. Handsome, thoughtful ... Rich. The perfect man, some might say (not her).

She resolved to extricate herself from this dull marriage. She tried to bore him back. No dice. She humiliated him daily, yet only served to heighten his ardour for her. Ugh.

He did not deserve to die. She knew that. But she had no choice; she was the real victim here.

Then one day, the answer came to her ... From him.

A bouquet of Lily Of The Valley, replete with a spray of red berries. She knew their deadly potency. Ingestion could cause abdominal pain, vomiting, reduced heart rate ... Death.

Even she could manage a Bolognese sauce. As she cooked, he brought her his customary glass of red wine. As his back turned, she tossed the lily berries into the Bolognese like cherry tomatoes.

She delivered his plate to the dining table, topping up her wine glass. “Bon Appetit.”

“Not eating, darling?” He twirled a strand of nude spaghetti around his fork.

“I ate earlier.” She sipped her wine. Her heart pattered erratically inside her rib cage. She felt hot, nauseous. Must be the anticipation.

He proffered a sad smile. “Good vintage?”

Distracted, her gaze strayed to her empty glass. “Excellent. Why?”

Too late, realisation bloomed in her stomach, plus a growing, acute pain.

“How did you know?” She whispered.

He threw down his fork. “Bolognese is my favourite.”

He left the dining room, locking the door behind him.

THE END

1px
©2016 Bang2write | B2W Towers, Writing World
1px
Web Version   Forward   Unsubscribe