Another Hollywood Win for 'Aretha' Screenplay

Actually Films

Dec 17, 2017, 12:17:23 PM12/17/17
* PRESS RELEASE * PRESS RELEASE * FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE * PRESS RELEASE *

The Screenplay "Aretha" written by Actually Films Director Dave Thomas has won The Hollywood Hills Awards USA 2017 -
1st Prize in the Genre of "Drama" short screenplay

To date, the Screenplay has been...
* Semi-finalist at Oxford Film Festival 2017, Mississippi, USA
* Finalist at the 11th Waterford Film Festival, Ireland
* Winner at the Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival 2017, Los Angeles, USA

And now...

* The Hollywood Hills Awards 2017, Los Angeles, USA

Screenplay writer Dave Thomas would like to thank all the Judges at the above festivals along with the recent competition organisers at the Hollywood Hills Awards for recognising his work and the inspiring story of a young girl with Down Syndrome starting out in life. Dave adds "Words cannot express how delighted I am with this recognition from the Hollywood Hills Awards. With my company Actually Films, we will be working extremely hard to raise the finance to bring this story to the silver screen in 2018. I would like to thank all of the Judges for their support, and all those that have made donations via our website so that we can pay the actors and crew to enable us make this film soon. I know money is tight for us all, so it is really appreciated when someone donates €10 or more, it all goes a long way. We have amazing Perks on offer when you donate from having your name in the Film's Credits, to a signed Screenplay and Posters by the Actors and Crew, to receiving your own Digital Copy of the Movie and walking the Red Carpet at a special screening where you get to meet the Actors and production team. Please check out our page about Aretha at www.actuallyfilms.com/aretha
The recognition this screenplay has received is overwhelming and it is a fantastic way to end 2017 and begin a new year. Thank you everyone.
"

100% of all funding raised goes into the making of this inspiring film. Dave has been invited to attend the Red Carpet Award Ceremony in Hollywood next month, and subject to funding, he will have the opportunity to present his screenplay to Hollywood Producers and Directors, receive the Award and network with professionals in the film business from all over the world.

Actually Films would like to wish you all a safe and happy Christmas and thank you all for your support in 2017.

- END -

Dave Thomas
Director

Actually Films Ltd
8 St. Brigid's Terrace, Arklow Y14 WY23, Co. Wicklow, IRELAND
Tel: +353 (0)861664320 / 0402 91840
Skype: actuallyfilms

Actually Films Limited Registered No. 582538.
*PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL*
***Disclaimer: The information contained in this transmission and any accompanying documents belong to the sender, which may be confidential and legally privileged. Its use is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any disclosure, copying, retransmission or printing of this email and/or any file transmitted with it, is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please inform us by return of email and delete the transmission. Actually Films Ltd cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of Actually Films Limited.***
Aretha November 2017 Poster.jpg
Dave Profile Waterford Film Festival Awards 2017.jpg