Kick-off your creative career in 2019!

Creative Choices

Jan 8, 2019, 5:01:03 AM1/8/19
to studionort...@gmail.com

Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser

Twitter Follow us on Twitter

Issue 424 | January 2019

Happy New Year! If you've got lofty goals to start your own business or change job in 2019, we're got you covered. Take a look at advice from creative entrepreneur Harriet Kelsall on how to start your own business; or, if you're looking for a new job perfect your CV with our handy guide.

Kick off the new year by celebrating creative talent across the UK! Enter your nomination for the Creative Choices award 2019. Nominations are open until 25 January and winners will be announced at a special ceremony in Cardiff on 1 April.

What I learned from starting a creative business

If you're hoping to start your own business in 2019, why not learn from those who have already done it?

Award-winning jewellery designer Harriet Kelsall gives eight things that she learned about starting and growing a successful new venture.

» Harriet Kelsall

10 tips for a creative career

Having worked in a variety of creative jobs, Alison Baverstock shared 10 pieces of advice for any creative career.

"Today’s job market is much less segmented. You no longer have to choose a path when you leave university and stick to it."

» 10 tips for a creative career

3 tips for a better CV

The new year is a good time to reflect on your past achievements and look to the future.

Take some time to create a CV which will impress potential employers as much as possible.

» 3 tips for a better CV

A comedy producer’s career

Charlie Hanson is an award-winning comedy producer whose work includes Birds of a Feather, Desmonds, The Harry Hill Show and Extras.

"My job is basically bringing projects to the screen. This means developing projects with writing talent and acting talent."

» A comedy producer’s career

Exhibition design

Exhibition designers create exhibitions and 3D displays for museums, art galleries and heritage sites.

These help visitors interact with museum and art gallery collections, often by learning through hands-on experience.

Facebook Twitter Google+

Forward this email to a friend. You can email us at in...@creative-choices.co.uk

You have received this email by signing up to Creative Choices. We will bring you news, stories and career advice for the creative and cultural industries. If you want to opt out of receiving this, you can unsubscribe at any time.

Creative Choices is a service from Creative & Cultural Skills. Creative and Cultural Industries Ltd is registered in England as Charity no. 1105974 and Company no. 05122855.