PLACE newsletter January 2019

PLACE

Jan 8, 2019, 7:46:15 AM1/8/19
to Stu
View this email in your browser
And we're back!

We hope you've all had a restful break and are raring to go. We certainly have lots in store, kicking off...

... tonight!

So What? Making Research Public
6pm - 7.30pm, PLACE, Lower Garfield Street
Free, all welcome
For our first event of 2019, we have two presentations introducing new research to the public as part of our occasional talks series:

Artist and researcher Dr Dave Loder will discuss his work relating to Belfast City Harbour. Dave's artistic practice considers the Harbour in terms of landscape, geology and the anthropocene.

We are also delighted to welcome a group of QUB Architecture students, members of the Odd One Out research group led by Dr Gul Kacmaz-Erk. The group will discuss the architectural needs of refugees and asylum seekers for sustainable co-habitation.

We're still accepting abstracts for forthcoming events in this series, deadline: 11 January 2019. For more information click here...
Still time to catch!
Exhibition: Signs of our Time

If you haven't made it in to see our current exhibition yet, there's still time! Closing Friday 14 February. Our new
website has also launched, and we're planning some Instagram takeovers with the participants and master songwriters involved in the project. Keep an eye out for more!

Thanks to our funders Heritage Lottery Fund, and our supporters Ulster University.
Lots more events, projects and exhibitions for 2019 to be announced soon, we'll keep you posted!
Principally supported by Arts Council of Northern Ireland
Copyright © 2016 PLACE, All rights reserved.
You have received this email because you signed up to the PLACE Mailing List. You can unsubscribe at any time. Updates are usually issued once/ twice a month.

Our mailing address is:
PLACE
7 - 9 Lower Garfield Street
Belfast, Northern Ireland BT1 1FP
United Kingdom

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

This email was sent to studionort...@gmail.com
PLACE Architecture and Built Environment Centre · 7-9 Lower Garfield Street · Belfast, Northern Ireland BT1 1FP · United Kingdom

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp