BBC Arts: A new profile of Yayoi Kusama | Schama on William Blake | The forest in a stadium.

BBC

Sep 11, 2019, 7:31:41 AM9/11/19
to studionort...@gmail.com
Plus, winning portraits that explore British identity in 20‌19.

Having difficulty reading this email? View it online
Discover more with the BBC
Discover more with the BBC
Arena - Kusama: Infinity
BBC iPLAYER
Profile of Japanese contemporary artist Yayoi Kusama whose work, including her much-visited Infinity Mirror Room installations, defies classification.

Kusama was an underdog with everything stacked against her: the trauma of growing up in Japan during World War II, life in a dysfunctional family that discouraged her creative ambitions, sexism and racism in the art establishment, and mental illness. Kusama overcame countless odds to bring her radical vision to the world.

Chevron Kusama: Infinity

Chevron All available Arena episodes

This Fr‌iday

Front Row Late
BBC TWO 2‌3:0‌5 F‌RI 1‌7 ‌S‌EP
As a musical version of Reasons to Stay Alive hits the stage and a new exhibition of art exploring anxiety in contemporary culture opens, Mary Beard and her panel examine how artists and writers are currently engaging with this very topical issue. »

Available to listen to now
Schama on Blake
BBC SOUNDS
Anticipating the opening of Tate Britain's major exhibition of the work of William Blake, Simon Schama presents his view of the visionary artist who was disparaged in his lifetime.
Listen now
S‌eptember 1‌, 19‌39
BBC SOUNDS
Maria Margaronis unravels the creation and afterlife of WH Auden's poem S‌eptember 1, 1‌939, written on the eve of destruction in a new land where Auden sought love and honesty.
Listen now
A dystopian image comes to life

Austrian football stadium hosts forest
BBC NEWS
Hosting almost 300 trees, the stadium hopes to attract wildlife during the seven weeks the installation is open »

Available to watch now
Peter Rice: An Engineer Imagines
BBC iPLAYER
The story of Peter Rice, widely regarded as the most distinguished structural engineer of the late 20th century, and his massive impact on modern architecture.
Watch now
Bauhaus Rules with Vic Reeves
BBC iPLAYER
Six graduates of Central St Martins are challenged to create a new work of art, design or performance sticking strictly to rules inspired by the artists who taught at the Bauhaus.
Watch now
The Proms at your fingertips

The complete list of every available Prom on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds »

Trending
How do blind people enjoy the Mona Lisa? arrow.png
The painter who helped develop an artists' town arrow.png
'We live in LS Lowry's house' arrow.png
The latest Front Row and Front Row Late
Front Row Late
BBC iPLAYER
As anticipation mounts around the publication of David Cameron’s memoir, Mary Beard, Germaine Greer, Sathnam Sanghera and Peter Hitchens discuss the art of the memoir.
Watch now
Front Row
BBC SOUNDS
Hear about the work on display in Stoke-on-Trent for this year's British Ceramics Biennial, and Nell Zink discusses her acclaimed new book Doxology.
Listen now
In Pictures

Winning portraits explore British identity in 20‌19 »
BBC NEWS

  Are we getting this right?

  We've sent you this dedicated 'Arts & Culture' email based on what you've already watched, read or listened to from across the BBC.

As we get to know you better we will begin to understand which specific passions pique your interest, so please bear with us.

Let us know if we're on the right track. A 'thumbs up' means you will continue to receive these Arts & Culture updates. A 'thumbs down' means we will not email you about this again. Either way we'll remember for next time.

I'm happy to receive Arts & Culture email updates.
I'd rather not receive Arts & Culture email updates.
I'm happy to receive Arts & Culture email updates.
I'd rather not receive Arts & Culture email updates.
.
Terms of use  |  Cookies  |   Privacy  |  Unsubscribe
.

To stop receiving BBC newsletters click here to unsubscribe.

This email is intended for UK residents. Please note that some features and content in this newsletter are only available to people in the UK. You can update your personal details including your Postcode and Email Address in your account settings.

Find out everything you need to know about using your BBC account, all in one place.
This email newsletter suggests things we think you'll like based on what we know about you. To find out more about personalisation at the BBC, click here.

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read about our approach to external linking.

BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA, UK
Copyright © 2‌019 BBC