News, events + activities for peace-building + good relations: @NI_CRC ‏Community Relations Council

Studio NI

Nov 5, 2019, 8:17:37 PM11/5/19
to studio...@googlegroups.com, Stu Dio
Get the latest guide for peace-building and good relations activities
Website
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter
e-Bulletin
November 2019
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for submitting Good Relations events and activities for November 2019 and beyond.
As always we hope there will be something in this monthly e-bulletin that will pique your interest.
Find out more about the listings below by clicking the blue buttons.
Diary Dates
PARTITION: A Dividing Ireland in a Dividing Europe
21 November 2019, The Glenavon Hotel, Cookstown

This special one-day conference will facilitate community-based organisations to explore and discuss the upcoming centenary of Partition...
Book now - Partition Conference
T:BUC Engagement Forum

More details to follow...
Register your interest for the T:BUC EF
Grants & Funding

Core Funding Scheme

Our Core Funding Scheme is now open for applications.

Deadline for all applications is 15 November 2019 at 4pm.

This year, we’re using a new online portal for all applications...

Core Funding Scheme - Apply Now

CR/CD Small Grants Scheme

Our Small Grants Scheme is now open for funding applications.

The deadline for applications is Friday 17 January 2020...

Small Grants Scheme - Apply Now

The 2020/21 competitions for T:BUC Camps, and Central Good Relations funding programmes are due to open at the end of November 2019.

To help you apply, the Executive Office will be hosting Funding Forums in local council areas. Find out where...

T:BUC Funding Forums
News & Events

To read more just
click the blue button
above each entry
Dormant Accounts Fund Update
Under Section 22 of the Dormant Bank and Building Society Accounts Act 2008, The National Lottery will distribute money under direction from the Department of Finance to increase capacity, resilience and sustainability in the Northern Ireland Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector.

To ensure this funding has maximum impact in communities across Northern Ireland, consultations are planned within the sector, with a view to opening the fund in early 2020...
South Armagh’s Female Heritage
“Changing the Narrative” is five short documentaries celebrating women’s roles in rural South Armagh and the rich traditions, stunning landscape, and heritage in the area.

Find out which local festivals the documentaries are playing at this November...
Belfast And District Trades Union Council – Book Launch

The Launch of "We Shall Overcome" booklet republished is being organised by the Belfast And District Trades Union Council.

It incorporates 1"968-1978: 10 year history of the NI Civil Rights Association."

You can take part in living history on Thursday 7 November...

First World War – Interactive Workshop

“Commemoration in Everyday Irish Lives: Remembering and Commemorating the First World War” is an interactive workshop.

Share your stories of family involvement in the war or discuss your thoughts on the act of remembering...

Leadership and Diversity Training

Metis Initiatives Community Interest Company are running a course of accredited training in Leadership and Diversity.

The cost is free to participants and you can book your place now...

Reflections Of World War One – A Musical Journey
Reflections Of World War One - A Musical Journey is a new performance by world renowned musician and composer Tracey McRory.

The workshop highlights Tracey’s own connections to World War One and also the story of the people from Ireland who served during World War One...
Visit Drumalis House Retreat Centre
Causeway Coast And Glens Borough Council is organising a historical visit to Drumalis House Retreat Centre, as well as a walking tour of Ballycarry.

The visit and walking tour are free of charge, but places are limited, so reserve your place now...
Speaking Out – Thrive Ireland Conference
Global lessons for peace and nation building for the church in Northern Ireland.

Thrive Ireland are organising Speaking Out a conference that will explore the themes of peace building, advocacy and Nation building.

Tickets are free but must be booked...
Community-Based Workshop - School For Peace
The International School for Peace Studies is running a series of community-based workshops and presentations about the Holocaust.

Places are still available...
Remembering The Future – The Decade Of Anniversaries

Mid Ulster District Council is hosting a series of talks around the Decade of Anniversaries with particular emphasis on the period of 1919-1923.

The series will deal with the historical facts that mark the key shifts in society that happened during this turning point in history...

Multi-Cultural Education For Children
The “Little Culture Explorers” programme is a free educational resource designed to complement and enhance the provision of multi-cultural education for young children.

Free educations packs are available for reservation now...
Making History – Helen’s Bay Players
Brian Friel’s mildly humorous take on a key event in Irish history is being put on the stage by Helen’s Bay Players.

“Making History” covers the events leading up to the Flight of the Earls. Tickets are available to book now...
EU Settlement Scheme – North West Migrants Forum

EU, EEA or Swiss citizens and their families can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Book your FREE information session now...

Women In The Archives

The Linen Hall Library is hosting a Women In The Archives showcase event.

It will bring together community groups who have been participating in the community engagement programme...

Community Dialogue And Rainbow Residential

Community Dialogue, in conjunction with the Rainbow Project, is organising a residential in Corrymeela.

Themes will include agreeing how different sectors can work together to engage wider society in increased diversity, and exploring the need for a broader equality and intersectional agenda linking all Section 75 categories.

Book your place on the residential now...

Intercultural Festival

The Media In Deeply Divided Societies – Its Role And Responsibilities.

This two-day international conference is aimed at delivering new insights on the role of the media in deeply divided societies. It costs £50 and places are available now...

Crosslinks Good Relations Training

Youth Initiatives cross community arts project “Crosslinks” is running a good relations training residential for participants aged 14-20 years old.

Participants will explore how they can be agents of change in their communities and feel more equipped for tackling racism or sectarianism if they witness it...

Intercultural Festival

North Down Museum is providing multi-cultural activities, entertainment, workshops and International cuisine.

The creative community festival, which is part of Ards and North Down’s Borough Council’s PEACE IV: Celebration Of Our Minority Communities Programme, will celebrate cultural diversity…

e-Bulletin
Submissions

Have you got something for our next e-Bulletin?

Send your submission as a
word document
with a
photograph

Ready to submit?
Click the button below.
Send us your news and events!
Twitter
Twitter
Facebook
Facebook
YouTube
YouTube
Website
Website
Our mailing address is:
in...@nicrc.org.uk

We have updated our Privacy Notice to reflect changes we've made that strengthen your privacy rights. This is part of the Community Relations Council’s commitment to how we use your data and keep it safe. We have included changes to address the new standards introduced by the data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The unsubscribe option below is only visible as a function of MailChimp. We may continue to process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of our public tasks.
NI Community Relations Council · 7-9 Shaftesbury Square · Belfast, Antrim BT2 7DP · United Kingdom