#Dublin @JamesJoyceCentr February 2021 Newsletter

Studio NI

Feb 18, 2021, 3:01:29 AM2/18/21
to studio...@googlegroups.com

Newsletter February 2021

'Wild spring. Scuddling clouds. O life!'
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, James Joyce

ONLINE SPRING LECTURE SERIES 2021

For the 2021 Spring Lecture Series, we will have three fascinating talks to look forward to. On February 22 at 8pm, we begin with journalist Senan Molony with his talk 'Martha Clifford — Unveiled?'

It's one of longest-running parlour games in literature, akin to the hunt for Shakespeare’s Dark Lady. Joyce in Ulysses tells us “Find MC”— the pseudonymous letter partner of Leopold Bloom (posing as Henry Flower) in Ulysses. Senan Molony argues we have to ‘think outside the books’ for a solution to the Clifford conundrum.
Register Here

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES JOYCE

On Feb 2nd 2021, we celebrated the birthday of James Joyce with a zoom performance of Three Quarks - A Trinity of Joyce by Jim Ward. It was wonderful to see so many people enjoy this reading, and it gives us great encouragement to continue our support for new creative works inspired by James Joyce. In case anyone missed all, or part of the performance, it is linked below for you to watch at your leisure on our YouTube channel!
Watch Now

ULYSSES FOR ALL ONLINE COURSE 2021:
JOYCE IN TIMES OF PANDEMIC

“Scarlatina, influenza epidemics. Canvassing for death. Don’t miss this
chance”
(U 6:124-25).

Join us for our 2021 ONLINE course where we will be revisiting James Joyce's Ulysses!

 Beginning on the 18th March, the course runs over 12 weeks and will finish ahead of Bloomsday on the 9th June
– just in time for Bloomsday when you to boast to the pretenders in costume that the group will work through the episodes of Joyce’s masterpiece in a structured, accessible and relaxed environment. Caroline Elbay, Led by Dubliner and Joycean,ULYSSES FOR ALL.  return of our popular structured reading group, Join us in March 2021  for the ONLINE

We invite you to join in our Dublin odyssey and put YOU into Ulysses.

Departure date:  Wednesday 18th March  6-8pm (thereafter the group meets each Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. online)

Arrival date: Wednesday 9th June 2021

Cost:  €100 (full fee) / €80 (concession)

Register Now!
DONATE TO THE JAMES JOYCE CENTRE
 At this difficult time for literary and cultural centres, your donation helps support our year-round programme of events, exhibitions, outreach and educational activities and the annual Bloomsday Festival. The James Joyce Centre is a registered educational charity. Thank you so much to those who have already donated!
Donate!
Twitter
Facebook
Website
YouTube
Copyright © 2021 James Joyce Centre, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
The James Joyce Centre,
35 North Great George’s Street,
Dublin 1, Ireland
Tel: 01 878 8547

--
Studio NI: Promoting Arts and Culture in the North of Ireland since 2004. NIC101100