New issue! Also: Events, prizes, bargains, and the best in art & literature from this month

The London Magazine

Feb 7, 2019, 4:57:01 PM2/7/19
to Stu
View this email in your browser
Hi Stu,

The above tulips are wishful thinking — that the current gloomy cold weather subsides (our cherished antipodean readers notwithstanding), and that the coming spring brings a lifting of spirits from what has been something of a winter of discontent in many circles. Spring, however, is on its way.

But while the months of hibernation continue, we have absolutely loads for you to read and to participate in. Here we go:

FEB/MARCH ISSUE OUT NOW!

Our new issue is out now, and it's flying off the virtual shelves (and shelves of all good book emporiums). The lead piece is a fascinating exploration of Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele, there's great critical writing about Danez Smith, Lucia Berlin, Olivia Sudjic and others, an essay from poet and psychogeographer Niall McDevitt on the etymology of London, and a couple of phenomenal poems from Lisa Luxx, among so much more. It's 126 pages of the good stuff, and if you use the code TLM10 you can get 10% all subscriptions, which only start from £17 anyway. Can't say fairer than that.
SUBSCRIBE HERE!
POETRY PRIZE PARTY!
We're having a drinks reception at the Collyer Bristow Gallery near Chancery Lane to celebrate the winners of last year's poetry prize on the 20th February, and if you would like to come and hear the poems and have a drink with us, all you need to do is RSVP to robert...@thelondonmagazine.org, and arrive at around 18:30. Promises to be a good evening, and we're looking forward to seeing you all there.

DESPERATE LITERATURE COLLABORATION: NEWS

Our collaborators at the Desperate Literature Short Fiction Prize have extended the deadline by two weeks until February 28th, giving you another two weeks to enter fiction under 2000 words. We're thrilled to be a part of this international short fiction prize, with the shortlisted entries being published across The London Magazine and five other journals, and the winners receiving amazing residencies, cash prizes, and agency consultations as well as being invited to read at venues across Europe. One of the good ones, and we're proud to be involved.
MORE ON THAT HERE

LEGACY ISSUES

Each month we sell super cheap back issues for £2.50 or £.3.50 for two including postage. Absolute bargains.

This month our back issues August/September 2015 and June/July 2016, which feature essays on Shakespeare, Robert Desnos, Post-War France, the legendary Hogarth Press and more.
BUY HERE

And here's everything we published in January:

Features
Poetry

Hidden Time by Alan Zhukovski

Michael O'Neill - A Tribute

Reviews
Rough Trade Books | Series 3

Archive | Evelyn Waugh reviews Nancy Mitford

GeorgII Uvs at Saatchi Gallery

Xeixa: Fourteen Catalan Poets

We Live in an Ocean of Air by Marshmallow Laser Feast at Saatchi Gallery

Bill Viola / Michelangelo: Life. Death, Rebirth at Royal Academy

Not to Read by Alejandro Zambra

Ghislaine Leung at the Chisenhale Gallery
That's all for now folks! Follow us on your social media platform of choice for more news, and stay strong.
Copyright © 2019 The London Magazine, All rights reserved.

The London Magazine
11 Queen's Gate, London SW7 5EL
Tel: 020 7584 5977
in...@thelondonmagazine.org
www.thelondonmagazine.org
unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest

This email was sent to studionort...@gmail.com
The London Magazine · 11 Queen's Gate · London, London SW7 5EL · United Kingdom