Make Do & Mend Creative Writing sessions

Anne McMaster

Sep 10, 2019, 5:22:45 AM9/10/19
to studionort...@gmail.com
Hello!

Many thanks for your inquiry to Garvagh Community Building about Make Do & Mend. My name is Anne McMaster and I’m the woman who designs and facilitates these pop-up sessions.

‘Make Do & Mend’ is a phrase that was used during WWII - when people were encouraged to rework and patch up some of their personal possessions to bring new life to them. My belief is that writers can do the same thing. Poets, story writers, playwrights and novelists always have rough drafts or early ideas that are hanging around...work they’re not quite sure whether to chuck away or rework. That’s where I come in.

I have 25+ years’ experience in teaching creative writing (as well as being a published poet and performed playwright) and I also work as an editor for an international arts magazine. I love working with writers to help build their personal and creative confidence - whether they’re bringing in sheets of older work that they don’t know what to do with or they’re anxiously coming to writing for the first time. These are fun sessions - supportive and creative - and they cost £12 for a two hour workshop.

Thank you so much for your interest!

Anne McMaster

ATT00001.txt