Promoting Creative Cultural Activity across Ireland

Voluntary Arts Ireland

Feb 4, 2019, 12:21:50 PM2/4/19
to studionort...@gmail.com
All the latest creative news, events and opportunities across Ireland
Promoting participation in creative cultural activities
View this email in your browser

Welcome to the first Voluntary Arts Ireland newsletter of 2019. We wish you the very best of creative years ahead!

In this edition you will find news on funding and job opportunities and the latest news about creative events and activities happening across Ireland.

If you know of any creative citizens doing great things in their communities that may want to feature in our next newsletter, get in touch - in...@vaireland.org or sign up to the newsletter.

All good things,
Voluntary Arts Ireland Team

Share
Tweet
News

We're making a round house in the forest - come join us!

Phase 2 of Forest Stacks is beginning! Our big idea is to explore the potential of designing and building a round house connecting to the 1600 BC burial urn found in the forest. Interested? Then come along to our exploratory event on Saturday 16th February from 12.30 - 4.00 pm

CoisCéim BROADREACH selected for EXIT15 Commission

"We can't wait to start dancing with the people of Ballyogan, to have fun, and to create something out of the ordinary over the coming year. Together we will dance with our hearts, engage with our heads and find our feet!"
Philippa Donnellan, CoisCéim BROADREACH

Help us raise money for local music making

All across Mid and East Antrim people have been making new music and art together as part of the Opening Doors Project. It has been the most wonderful journey of discovery about the cultural life of Larne, Carrick and Ballymena which has uncovered lots of stories, creative citizens and performing groups who are now coming together to perform for the first time.

The final Opening Doors performance on 9th March brings the project to a close but very much feels like the beginning of something much bigger and Voluntary Arts Ireland is helping to raise money for local groups Music Yard Larne, Whitehead Orchestra and Island Voices Community Choir to continue to support local music making.

Northern Ireland is Making Cultural Plans

Across Northern Ireland from citizens through to local councils and Arts Council Northern Ireland we are engaged in developing a range of arts strategies and cultural policies. Even the lead Department for Communities is using the time without a devolved government sitting to explore what a 'national' strategy might look like. And increasingly there are ways for you to get involved and have your say.

Ireland's Getting on the Creativity Map

Have you listed your group on our Creativity Map?
We're delighted to have received so many entries for our brand new Creativity Map across Ireland and the UK, We know there are creative groups up and down the country who do wonderful things on a regular basis.
Tell us all about it and list your group today and you could feature in our next newsletter.

Recent additions to the Creativity Map

Art as Exchange, Co. Louth

AAEX, based at Creative Spark, Dundalk is an open group of 20+ artists providing opportunities for local artists to meet, exchange ideas and collaborate.

Ballymorris Pottery, Co. Clare

Pottery Classes and Pottery Parties for all ages, families, friends and work colleagues.

Roscommon Solstice Choir
Co. Roscommon

A BIG musical family of 100+ performers who LOVE music and singing for charity. A non-profit, voluntary, community choir under the direction of Andrew and Eimear Reynolds.

Altnagelvin Hospital Choir
Co. Derry

Charity Fundraising choir performing two concerts per year and based in the local hospital at Altnagelvin, Londonderry

Opportunities

Expression of Interest for Four Commissions

Arts Council Northern Ireland in partnership with Tourism NI invite expressions of interest for maximum four commissions of site specific work with an engaging theatrical and/or music focus to animate identified cultural and heritage sites to enhance their tourism potential. It is intended that these new works will be ready to showcase between April 2019 to October 2019.  There is an overall budget of £150,000.

Deadline: 8 February 2019
#ARTSFUNDINGireland

Artist Residency at Flowerfield Arts Centre

Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council and Flowerfield Arts Centre are delighted to announce the launch of the Springhall Artist in Residency Programme.

The six-month residency, based at the Portstewart facility, has been made possible by the lasting legacy gifted to Flowerfield by John Onslow Springhall, one of its most ardent supporters. Following his death in 2015, aged 71, he bequeathed a significant proportion of his estate to support and develop creative and artistic learning in the arts centre.

Deadline: 15 Feb 2019
#ARTSFUNDINGireland

Community Arts Liaison Role for Exit15

Exit15 is a creative place programme responding to the artistic aspirations of local people in the Ballyogan and surrounding areas in Dun Laoghaire and Rathdown County Council.

We are now looking for an experienced community arts liaison person to work on phase 2 of the project.

Deadline: 6 Feb 2019

#ARTSJOBSireland

Programming Officer at the MAC Belfast

Our mission is to  inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it.

If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission (and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these) we want to hear from you.

Deadline: 11 Feb 2019

#ARTSJOBSireland

Classes and Workshop at Down Arts Centre

Down Arts Centre has an amazing line up of classes that help get your year off to a creative and healthy start. From Beginners Dressmaking to Guitar and Pottery workshops; new workshops include Cake Decorating, Making Jewellery with Plastic and Fabric Birds and Dance Yourself Fit.

#ARTSEVENTSireland

Advance Programme : Imagine Festival 2019

Belfast’s unique festival of ideas and politics will return during 25-31 March with its biggest ever programme and an open invitation for the public to engage with the big issues of our times. Designed to stimulate new ideas on culture and politics, the advance programme has just been released for the 5th year of this major festival.

#ARTSEVENTSireland

Briefings

Get Briefed

Our Briefings provide essential guidance and advice in handy resources written in plain English. Find handy tips, toolkits and the guidance you need to help you organise your creativity activity. 100s of free resources are available in a wide range of different categories:

  • Getting Started
  • Get Funded
  • Planning Events
  • Publicity & Promotion
  • Best Practice
  • Roles & Responsibilities

Jobs, Funding & Events
Find out about the latest job, funding and events using:
#ARTSJOBSireland
#ARTSFUNDINGireland
#ARTSEVENTSireland
Connect with Voluntary Arts:
Facebook
Facebook
Instagram
Instagram
Twitter
Twitter
YouTube
YouTube
Website
Website
Email
Email
Copyright © 2017 Voluntary Arts Ireland, All rights reserved.

You can
update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.