'Riverdale' Villain Leads Filmapalooza Judges, 3 Things You Must Do Before Your 48HFP Weekend, And More!

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

48 Hour Film Project

未读,
2019年2月15日 16:39:332019/2/15
收件人 StudioNort...@gmail.com

Filmapalooza judge Nathalie Boltt appearing as Penelope Blossom in the CW's Riverdale

Riverdale Villain To Headline Panel Of Judges At Filmapalooza

Fans of the CW's Riverdale might be frightened at first when they hear the name "Penelope Blossom," but they'll be happy to know that in real life, actress Nathalie Boltt is sweet as pie, and nothing like the serial killer she portrays in the popular television show. Which is good for us, and GREAT for our filmmakers as they benefit from her keen eye and knowledge of the film world without having to go through the danger of Penelope's poisonous ways.

Nathalie is headlining our panel of international judges for this year's Filmapalooza in Orlando, where the top 48HFP films from around the world will be screened. She, along with the other members of our jury panel, will be selecting the top films from our 2018 tour. All of those global award winning films will be announced at Filmapalooza in just a few weeks.

Nathalie is no stranger to the 48HFP--she sat on the judge's panel in 2015 for our Cleveland 48FP. So we were excited to be able to bring her back as a judge at the international level.

NEW FOR THIS YEAR--THE FILMAPALOOZA APP!

Filmapalooza attendees will have access to all of our screenings, workshops, parties, and events on their smart phones via our official app! Get event updates and push notifications during the festival--simply download the Meeting Application app on the Apple App Store or Google Play, and follow the directions on our event landing page to log in to our event!

48 Hour Film Project Movie Gallery

"Knockout" by Alley Cake Films

Chicago, IL 48HFP 2018

"Finis Griseo" by NiePOVażni

 Warsaw, PL 48HFP 2018

"What's in the box?" by Poole Party Productions

San Diego, CA 48HFP 2018

3 Things You MUST Do Before Your 48HFP Weekend

We all know that the key to any successful film shoot is in the preproduction. When you compete in the 48 Hour Film Project you can't do any sort of creative work before the official filmmaking weekend--things like writing, filming, and editing. But there are still many things that you CAN do to prepare for your big weekend, and there are three things you simply MUST do in advance if you want to have a successful 48HFP filmmaking experience.

1. Secure locations

Location, location, location -- it's the foundation for any successful business venture, and finding (and securing) the right location is DEFINITELY the foundation for a smooth film shoot.

Many a production team has scouted out the perfect location in advance only to show up on the day of the shoot to find it closed, filled with people, or otherwise unavailable to them. These are the kind of details that have to be worked out with plenty of time before shooting begins, otherwise you may find yourself location-less come shooting day.

FacebookTwitterInstagramWebsite

FOLLOW US

Click here to manage your subscription settings

This message was sent to StudioNort...@gmail.com from marka...@48hourfilm.com

48 Hour Film Project
PO Box 40008
Washington, DC 20016