Just announced: Education meets Industry Fed event | An update on our Creative Industries Manifesto | How you can help 2 million young people vote

1 view

Creative Industries Federation

Nov 1, 2019, 9:05:48 AM11/1/19
to studioNort...@gmail.com
From the Creative Industries Federation. Can't see this email? View it in your browser.

November 1, 2019
Just announced: Education meets Industry event
Can't make it? Forward this on to a colleague who might like to join

Thursday 12 December
Ravensbourne University London

Join us for this first in a series of Federation events which will bring together education organisations with industry to discuss the challenges and opportunities to work together to meet industry needs. The first event will focus on Programme Development. The event will provide an opportunity to discuss examples of best practice, how challenges can be overcome, and how good practice can be implemented.

Register here
Creative Industries Manifesto shared with all political parties

The Creative Industries Federation and Creative England jointly published a Creative Industries Manifesto on Tuesday 29 October. That evening, the House of Commons voted for a general election to take place on December 12th. We have shared the manifesto with all political parties in order to ensure that the creative industries play a role in forthcoming election campaigns. It is vital that the key issues impacting the UK's creative industries are addressed in the campaign and policy changes are made by the next Government to enhance our thriving sector and move past no-deal uncertainty.
Read the Creative Industries Manifesto here
Julie's Bicycle calls on the Creative Industries to join their campaign inspiring young people to vote in the general election

There are 2 million people aged 18-30 who care about climate and will be most affected by it, but are not registered to vote. Their voices won’t be heard. Politicians need to know that people are registering to vote because of climate change.
Over the next couple of weeks, Julie’s Bicycle will run “Creative Sprints” across the country for creative organisations in cities where young people’s registration is low.
Things that you can do now:
  1. Register interest in the campaign to hear more!
  2. Share the campaign with your networks #ItsOurTime #MakeClimateCount
  3. Get creative: this is an invitation to join us and bring your creativity to this challenge… so start thinking!
You can find more information on ItsOurTime.org.uk and if you think you can help you can go straight to register HERE,
Nominate your local authority, cultural trust or unsung heroes for a Hearts for the Arts Award

Nominations are now open for the 2020 Hearts for the Arts Awards, celebrating local authority and cultural trust arts champions and community culture projects. There are five categories to choose from:
1. Best Arts Initiative
2. Best Arts Project - Community Cohesion
3. Best Arts Project - Arts, Health and Wellbeing
4. Best Arts Champion - Local Authority or Cultural Trust Worker
5. Best Arts Champion - Councillor

These awards are an annual celebration of the local authorities who invest in the joy, excitement and life-enriching quality of the arts. Each year they advocate for greater public investment in the arts to improve the lives of people across the UK.

Nominations will close on Friday 8 November, so get nominating now!
Find out more here
Get your Early Bird Ticket Offer for Federation members to Beyond R&D Conference

20-21 November 2019
Edinburgh

How is AI and creative tech impacting the future of the creative industries? The Beyond R&D conference explores the intersection between AI and creativity with a two-day programme of lively debate, keynote sessions, renowned speakers, exhibitions showcasing the UK’s excellence in research-driven creative innovation, and lots more

Creative Industries Federation members can book at the Early Bird rate of just £199 (+ VAT & booking fee) saving £50 using this link or enter the code BEYOND19CIF here.

Apply for this new funding for R+D in
Digital Placemaking

Bristol+Bath Creative R+D are looking to invest in prototypes that demonstrate the potential of new technologies and the future internet to expand and shape our understanding of Digital Placemaking and its role within the future Smart City, looking ahead to 2030.

Bristol+Bath Creative R+D  have a funding pot of £235,000. and are expecting to make two or three awards that could be up to £100,000 with some smaller investments in response to your ideas

Deadline: Monday 18th November
https://bristolbathcreative.org/take-part
Vacancies
University of Exeter
Creative Industries Manager

The University of Exeter is looking for someone who will lead on a new creative industry strategy for the University, establishing and extending relationships with external partners, providing funder intelligence and leveraging our national business engagement successes.
Deadline: 14 November 2019
https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BWC211/impact-and-partnership-development-manager-creative-industries

The National Centre for Circus Arts
Chair

The National Centre for Circus Arts is looking for an exceptional and inspirational Chair to lead the Board and work with the Chief Executive to ensure that the organisation fulfils its ambitions.
Deadline: 12 November 2019
https://www.nationalcircus.org.uk/about/jobs-and-opportunities/chair

SWCTN
Fellows

The South West Creative Technology Network (SWCTN) is recruiting twenty-four Fellows from across academia and industry, as well as those who are new to the field. This flexible, part-time and paid opportunity is for people who want to take a leading role in shaping the sector. Check out this life-changing, paid  opportunity to be a part of the future of data in creative technology.
Deadline: 9 December 2019
https://swctn.org.uk/2019/10/07/call-for-fellows-in-data/
If you have any news or events you would like us to share with our network we would be happy to spread the word.
Please contact ange...@creativeindustriesfederation.com
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Facebook
Website
Copyright © 2018 Creative Industries Federation, all rights reserved.

You can read our Privacy Policy for more details on how we process your personal information.