15th Waterford Film Festival -April 3rd Announcement

1 view

Waterford Film Festival

Apr 3, 2021, 7:39:28 AM4/3/21
to Stephen Byrne

Untitled design(2).png

odeon logo 2.png

15th Waterford Film Festival

Fri 12-Mon15th November 2021

2021 Festival Plans & 2022 New Venue Partnership

The 15th Waterford Film Festival is now open for submissions for films,scripts and for it’s brand new photography competition.

This year's festival is going ahead however, Covid-19 is still very much part of our daily lives and it will be highly likely that some form of restrictions will be in place for most of the year.

This year it is difficult for venues to be in a position to run multiple events, back to back and on consecutive days,as a festival structure requires.

For these reasons and for the health and safety of everyone involved, all selected films will be presented on a virtual (password protected/subscriber based only) platform for the 2021 Festival.

It is our aim to at least have a physical awards presentation following the festival weekend in The House of Waterford Crystal.

Waterford Film Festival & Odeon Cinemas Waterford

The Waterford Film Festival is delighted to announce our new venue partners ODEON CINEMAS.

The ODEON will be hosting next year's festival in 2022 in their venue located in Poleberry, Waterford.

This will be the first time that the festival will be hosted by a commercial cinema.

Festival Director Stephen Byrne states ” This is exciting news for the festival and our supporters. By the time this event happens it will be over two years since we had physical screenings with a live audience. All of the festival team are looking forward to returning to a theater setting and for the first time in a cinema. I am excited that we will be presenting a wide range of short films from different cultures and backgrounds from around the world to old and new audiences. It will be a brand new experience for all involved. This will be the start of a new chapter for the festival  and we are excited and looking forward to working with the Odeon in producing our 2022 programme of events.”

For the 2021 festival there is a brand new photography competition called Principle Image Photography Competition.

One of the prizes include exhibit space provided by Odeon Cinemas and a revamp of our existing film & screenplay competitions.

The festival also plans to host a series of networking events during the festival weekend and if possible an awards presentation in the House of Waterford Crystal

Filmmakers, writers and photographers can submit their projects on the festival website or at filmfreeway.com

A full list of prizes, rules and how to enter all 3 competition can be found at at www.waterfordfilmfestival.net or www.filmfreeway.com/waterfordfilmfestival

Attached is Full Statement including details on our new Photography Competition

END OF ANNOUNCEMENT

Stephen Byrne
Producer/ Director
Phone : (086) 6504967

15th Waterford Film Festival-April 2021 Statement.docx