ROBIN IN THE HOOD Casting Breakdown

Robin Hood

Apr 6, 2021, 6:42:48 AM4/6/21
to Kristin Vollset

Dear Agents,

I hope this email finds you well. We are looking to cast two key roles in Kristin Vollset’s upcoming short film “ROBIN IN THE HOOD”, filming in Dublin this July. Please find synopsis & breakdowns below.

Kristin Vollset is an award-winning director and musician from Norway. She makes short films that combine the genres of documentary, fiction and musical. Her short documentary “No Plan” (2016) about the horse culture in The Liberties, was received warmly in Ireland and abroad. "No Plan" won the audience award for best short documentary at the Irish Film Institute’s Documentary Film Festival, in 2017. And it was screened in numerous festivals, including the 29th Galway Film Festival in Ireland, Irish Screen America in New York, and Panorama Eurofilm in Cairo. Vollsets short musical film, ”They can´t stop you” (2020), was also shot on location in Dublin, and recently won the award for best music video at the Bergen International Film Festival, in October 2020.

You can watch the full films here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19A53SyAUak

https://youtu.be/mYissRAzdpc

Synopsis

What if Robin Hood was from Dublin? ”Robin in the Hood” is about the meeting between an inner-city horse owner from Dublin (Robin Hood) and a traveling street musician (The Musical Slave). Worlds collide as their lives and destinies intertwine. The story involves horses, pigeons, a prison break, windmills, free electricity and more - and is a modern day, Bonnie & Clyde style version of the old myth of Robin Hood. The film is a hybrid between a short film and a musical, as both narration and dialogue are conveyed through a song, performed by the traveling street musician.

Director: Kristin Vollset

Writer: Kristin Vollset

Producers: John Kaare HoversholmGlen Hansard

Shoot Dates: 5th-9th July 2021, subject to slight change.

Rehearsal Dates: TBC

Rates -

ROBIN HOOD 5 x Shoot Days at €350 per day plus 2/3 x rehearsal days at €100 per day subject to slight change.

FARMER - 1 x Shoot Day at €350 per day plus 1 x rehearsal day at €100 per day subject to slight change.

Casting Details: Artists will be invited to self tape for Robin Hood in the first instance due to COVID-19 regulations. Artists must be based in Dublin or surrounding areas.

ROBIN HOOD - Male Late 20s - Early 40s

A horse owner from the urban horse community in Dublin, who we soon discover is a kind of modern Robin Hood. Confident and determined, but with a sense of humour and a secret spiritual side. Well built, physically strong, but also slim and fast, the kind of person you can imagine being hard to catch.

Must be highly skilled at bareback jockeying and be comfortable riding a horse in traffic. We will have limited rehearsal time with the horse.

FARMER - Male 40+ -

The character is a self-sufficient farmer living on a farm outside Dublin. He is calm, wise, and caring. He is the type of person who is not easily affected by outside events. He is sure of himself and his mission in life, but also eager to share his knowledge with those who care to listen.

We will be working from showreels/materials for this role at this stage.

If you represent an actor of any age/gender who is skilled in bareback jockeying or has an affiliation with the horse community in Dublin please let us know as other roles may arise within the film.

We look forward to your thoughts and suggestions,

Kristin & Eva-Jane