PEACE IV JULY NEWSLETTER

PEACE IV - Derry City and Strabane District Council

Jul 19, 2018, 10:34:07 AM7/19/18
to studionort...@gmail.com
Latest updates from the Peace IV programme

Celebrating Success!

We’ve recently seen participants on some of our programmes officially ‘graduate’ from the PEACE IV local programme – they’ve completed over six months cross-community work on their projects.  Congratulations to ‘LOVE’ Volunteering.

We’ve also recently been awarded another £0.5million approximately for further local programmes.  If you haven’t seen it yet, click on the link below for a short video of everything we’ve been up to in the last year.

Tender Opportunity: Does your organisation work with Children or Young People?

On 7th August 2018 we are holding two free Tender Opportunities Information Sessions.  Feel free to come along to either email Peace IV for more info:

  • 10am  - 11.30am - St Columb's Park House (Main Hall), Limavady Rd, Derry- Londonderry, BT476JY
  • 2.30pm - 4.00pm - DCSD Council Offices, 47 Derry Road, Strabane, BT82 8DY
Read JULY Newsletter in full

Children & Young People & Cross Community

In early September DCSD Council will advertise opportunities to tender for a number of projects under the local PEACE IV Programme. Opportunities will be advertised on our website There will also be information on an Advice Services / Diversity Tender.  The workshop will provide information on the specific opportunities plus general advice on how to prepare a tender.  Dates TBC.

Register now for prepare to tender here .Let us know in advance any special requirements.
Read JULY Newsletter in full

1. Training Course:  Valued Voices 'Trauma Healing & Education Programme'.
Dates: 28/9/18; 5/10/18; 12/10/18; 19/10/18; 2/11/18; 3/11/18
Venue: Holywell Diversecity Community Partnership
Admission:  Free 10am -4pm each day.
Registration: Email or Call: Eamonn Baker 71261941

2. Training Course: Discrimination against women: Why is the earliest and first form of discrimination still with us? For more information
Contact: mhethe...@thejunction-ni.org or cathyhi...@hotmail.com

3. Valued Voices Conference
Date:
17th September 2018 - 9.30am - 4pm
Location: Holywell DiverseCity Partnership.
Registration: Email or Call:  Eamonn Baker 02871261941

4. Traditions Meet – Performance Invite
Date: Tues 31st July @ 8pm,
Location: New Gate Fringe Festival, New Gate Arts and Cultural Centre (Fountain)

5. Dialogue and Discussions – open invite as part of New Gate Fringe Festival (July/Aug)
23 July 2018 – Ulster English - how both Irish and Ulster Scots have shaped how we speak.
26 July 18 - Troubles Legacy – How best can we deal with the legacy of the troubles?
30 July 18 - Unionism and Civil Rights – and how this affects us today.
01 August 18 - A New Ireland – What is meant by the term? How do we react?
For further information email: Kyle

6. Open invite to language and culture classes
If you are interested in a free cross-community beginners Irish Language class including language, culture, heritage and a residential trip contact Laverne
Read July Newsletter in Full

Thank You

Please continue to encourage other organisations and individuals to sign up for PEACE IV e-bulletins by going onto the web page where there is also more detailed information on the programmes.  The PEACE IV Team can be contacted on pe...@derrystrabane.com  Tel: 02871253253

A project supported by the European Union’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB).

Disclaimer: The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of the EU or the SEUPB.

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list