VTraining April 2021 - Includes New Training Schedule!

Volunteer Now

Apr 1, 2021, 4:02:40 AM4/1/21
to studionort...@gmail.com

VTraining header Feb20JP
                                         Twitter logo   Instagram logo     Facebook logo

1 April 2021                                                                    APR – MAY 2021
Welcome to the latest edition of VTraining.  We hope everyone is keeping safe and well.  Below are some online sessions we have coming up.  Joining instructions for each session will be sent out the day before.  Please get in touch if there is a session you would like us to organise, that we have not covered yet.
Dates for the diary

JUST RELEASED

We have just released our volunteer management training schedule for April 2021 - March 2022!  Included are dates for our very popular The New Environment series - Recruit, Retain, Reward Volunteers, Volunteer Induction, Volunteers & the Law, Assessing Risk When Developing Volunteer Roles and Support & Supervision of Volunteers.

And we are excited to announce our new Leadership Series!  The series includes:
  • Leadership & Why It Matters
  • Thinking of Myself as a Leader
  • Leadership & Working With Teams
  • Leadership & Dealing with Conflict
More information, including dates, are below.

comingsoon-1024x395NEW Managing & Motivating Volunteers Online!

Keep an eye on our website, social media channels and the next edition of VTraining for more info!

Online Attracting & Selecting Volunteers Course!
We announced the release of our new online training course - Attracting & Selecting Volunteers - in January and since then it is proving to be very popular!

Eimear from Belfast City Marathon was one of the first participants and sent us this fabulous quote:

"I really enjoyed this online course!  I was very impressed with the online facility.  The audio and interactive actions made the course interesting and straightforward to follow.  The course was thought-provoking and I am very much looking forward to putting what I have learned into action."

Find out all about it here www.volunteernow.co.uk/new-online-attracting-selecting-volunteers-course/.
Next course   Keeping Children Safe:
Designated Officer Training

Thursday 8 April
10.00am - 3.30pm
ONLINE

More info & book online
here

The New Environment: Recruit, Retain, Reward Volunteers
As we move through the road map out of restrictions, and head towards post pandemic, we understand volunteering has changed for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations.  Join us for a short session to look at volunteering - what does the future hold in terms of recruitment, retention and recognition?

Date:
Mon 12 April, Wed 28 April (other dates available here)
Time:  10.30am-12pm
Cost:   £10 +VAT

Volunteer Induction: The New Environment, The New Way!
This online session will cover the following, and explain how we do it - online induction, what to include in an online induction, how to make it visually appealing and what would a volunteer want or need to know?

Date:   Thurs 15 April (other dates available here)
Time:   11am-12pm
Cost:    £10 +VAT
Keeping Children & Adults Safe: An Introduction
This is a basic awareness course for those working with children, young people & adults at risk.  It covers legal and policy context of safeguarding, reporting concerns, code of behaviour and more.

Date:   Thurs 15 April
Time:   10am-1pm

Cost:    £15
The New Environment: Volunteers & The Law
In this new environment, we will explore legal boundaries and clarify best practice when involving volunteers.

Date:   Tues 20 April (other dates available here)
Time:   10am-12pm
Cost:    £20 +VAT
Disclosure & Barring Service: Barring Workshop
This FREE session will help you understand the benefits of working with the DBS; the different referral routes; when a referral should be made; how to make a good quality referral; what regulated activity is and the consequences of not making appropriate barring referrals.

Date:   Wed 21 April, Tues 4 May, Tues 18 May
Time:   10am-12pm

Cost:    FREE
Keeping Children Safe: Designated Officer Refresher Training
This half day's refresher training is suitable for Designated Officers who have already attended a full day's training.  It covers the roles and responsibilities of the Designated Officer, issues and concerns around referrals and more.

Date:   Thurs 22 April, Thurs 20 May
Time:   10am-1pm

Cost:    £30
Befriending Training Workshop
This 2 hour online workshop will cover what is befriending, benefits of befriending, effective communication skills, boundaries and more.  Once completed, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance and a FREE Befriending Top Tips publication.

Date:   Thurs 22 April (other dates available here)
Time:   10am-12pm
Cost:    £15 +VAT
Keeping Children & Adults Safe: Training for Staff & Volunteers
This integrated training programme is aimed at those who engage with children, young people and adults at risk.  It covers legal context, policy context, awareness of vulnerability, procedures for reporting concerns and more.

Date:
Tues 27 April
Time:  10am-3.30pm

Cost:   £25

Keeping Children & Adults Safe: Recruitment, Selection & Management of Staff & Volunteers Training
This course is aimed at individuals who recruit, manage or supervise staff and volunteers working with children and/or adults.  It will examine the procedures that need to be put in place for effective recruitment, selection and management of staff and volunteers.

Date:
Thurs 29 April
Time:  10am-12.30pm
Cost:   £15

The New Environment: Assessing Risk When Developing Volunteer Roles
In this new environment, we will explore the need to assess risk when developing volunteer roles and how volunteer managers can implement this process within their volunteer programme.

Date:   Tues 4 May (other dates available here)
Time:   10am-12pm
Cost:    £15 +VAT
Keeping Children Safe: Designated Officer Training
This one day certificated training is suitable for Designated and Deputy Designated Officers.  It covers knowledge of the legal context of safeguarding children, an understanding of the roles and responsibilities, issues and concerns around referrals and more.

Date:   Thurs 6 May (other dates available here)
Time:   10.00am-3.30pm
Cost:    £75
NEW Leadership Series: Leadership & Why It Matters
During this session, we will examine the difference between Management and Leadership, look at why Leaderhsip matters and what can be most difficult and challenging about Leadership of an organisation, programme or project.

Date:
Thurs 6 May
(other dates available here)
Time:  10am-1pm
Cost:   £35 +VAT

Also in the Leadership Series:
Thinking of Myself as a Leader, Leadership & Working with Teams and Leadership & Dealing with Conflict.

NEW Leadership Series: Thinking of Myself as a Leader
During this session, we will examine communication styles - your own and those of others.  We will look at conformity and why it matters when leading an organisation, programme or project.

Date:
Mon 10 May
(other dates available here)
Time:  10am-1pm
Cost:   £35 +VAT

Also in the Leadership Series:
Leadership & Why it Matters, Leadership & Working with Teams and Leadership & Dealing with Conflict.

Keeping Children Safe: An Introduction
This is a half day basic awareness course for those working with children and young people.

Date:
Tues 11 May
Time:  10am-1pm
Cost:   £15

NEW Leadership Series: Leadership & Working with Teams
During this session, we will look at how we get the best from our teams and how to effectively manage change within an organisaiton, programme or project.

Date:
Tues 18 May
(other dates available here)
Time:  10am-1pm
Cost:   £35 +VAT

Also in the Leadership Series:
Leadership & Why it Matters, Thinking of Myself as a Leader and Leadership & Dealing with Conflict.

NEW Leadership Series: Leadership & Dealing with Conflict
During this session, we will examine leadership styles and theories, the principles of conflict management, recognise the REAL problem and deal with it through active listening and support and supervision.

Date:
Thurs 20 May
(other dates available here)
Time:  10am-1pm
Cost:   £35 +VAT

Also in the Leadership Series:
Leadership & Why it Matters, Thinking of Myself as a Leader and Leadership & Working with Teams.

Keeping Adults Safe: Training for Staff & Volunteers
This FREE 1 day certificated course is for those working/volunteering with adults at risk.  The training will raise awareness of risk of harm in adulthood and assist voluntary, community and independent organisations working with adults at risk to achieve the minimum standards of best practice.

Dates:
Tues 25 May
Time:   10am-3.30pm

Cost:    FREE
Keeping Children Safe: Training for Staff & Volunteers
This certified course is suitable for staff and volunteers who have regular and/or direct contact with children and young people (e.g. supervisor, leader, officer in charge).  It will assist staff and volunteers with meeting good practice standards in safeguarding children and young people.

Date:
Thurs 27 May
Time:  10am-3.30pm
Cost:   £25

FREE Online Safeguarding Courses!
Volunteer Now provides free online safeguarding training which is support by the Health & Social Care Board and the Department of Health.  The online training acts as an introduction only and does not replace full training, which should be attended following completion of any of the sessions below.
  • Keeping Adults Safe: See Something, Say Something
  • Adult Safeguarding Champion: Meeting the Requirements
  • Keeping Children & Adults Safe: An Introduction for Management Committee Members
  • Keeping Children Safe: Reporting Concerns
Click here to book any of the above courses.

World Host 2020

A NEW World Host 2020 elearning module has been launched!  Volunteer Now have licensed trainers to deliver it, in partnership with People1st.  To make it accessible for all types of organisations, the programme is being offered at a reduced rate of £5 +VAT per participant.

If organisations or individuals are interested in completing this elearning training, email the name and email address of the participant(s) to
raquel.rodr...@volunteernow.co.uk.

Recorded Webinars
We now have a dedicated page for all our recorded webinars!  These webinars cover many topics in relation to volunteering and volunteer involving organisations i.e. involving volunteers in response to COVID-19, youth volunteering, fundraising, volunteer driving, guidelines for volunteers & more!

View the page
here.

Membership
Membership of Volunteer Now is open to all organisations and individuals with an interest in volunteering.  There is no fee.  By becoming a member, you add your voice to support volunteering.  Sign up for FREE membership at www.volunteernow.co.uk/members.

Privacy Policy
Volunteer Now / Volunteer Now Enterprises Ltd collects your personal information, holds it securely and only uses it for the purposes for which it is intended.  For more information about how we use your data, please see our Privacy Policy at
www.volunteernow.co.uk/privacy-policy

  Volunteer Now Enterprises Ltd T:  028 9023 2020
  The Skainos Centre, 239 Newtownards Rd W:  www.volunteernow.co.uk
  Belfast      BT4 1AF E:  trai...@volunteernow.co.uk

Click to view this email in a browser

Volunteer Now
The Skainos Centre
239 Newtownards Road
Belfast, England BT4 1AF
UK

Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!