Minor Monuments – and @TrampPress's next #Dublin #BookLaunch!

Studio NI

Nov 11, 2019, 3:14:07 AM11/11/19
to studio...@googlegroups.com, Stu Dio

Lots to celebrate

All the latest from Tramp Press

Dear Friends,

We're so delighted that Ian Maleney's wondrous debut Minor Monuments has been shortlisted for an An Post Irish Book Award! Ian is up for the Sunday Independent Best Newcomer prize, and we'd love it if you could take a few moments to vote for him, and your other favourites, here: https://www.irishbookawards.irish/vote2019/

Thank you, and we can't wait to find out what happens on the night of 20th November! Highlights of the awards event, presented by Miriam O’Callaghan, will be broadcast on RTÉ One on Saturday 23rd.
We're so excited to launch Dorothy Macardle's Dark Enchantment next Saturday night in the Gutter Bookshop! Dark Enchantment is the sixth in our popular Recovered Voices series (and the third Dorothy Macardle novel we've published. We're a little obsessed). It's been wonderful to see the resurgence of interest in this incredible writer and activist, and we're so proud to be re-publishing her extraordinary work, this time with an introduction by Caroline B Heafey.

This event is part of the Dublin Book Festival, and it's free and open to everyone.

Dark Enchantment is available for pre-order now!
UPCOMING EVENTS!

There's always so much going on at the Dublin Book Festival!
Apart from our Dark Enchantment launch, Tramp Press author Ian Maleney will be chatting to Madeleine Keane, literary editor at the Sunday Independent, at 1.30 pm on Sunday 17th November. There are more details here.

Ian will also be chatting to Fintan O'Toole (who said of Ian's work, 'Ian Maleny writes with both a poetic serenity and a starting immediacy, a combination as rare as it is absorbing), at the Dingle Literary Festival on November 23rd.

We'll also be attending the Dalkey Creates Writing Festival, chatting about the publishing process, on November 30. More information can be found here

As always, we'd advise early booking!
Please don't hesitate to drop us a line if you've any questions.

OUR 2020 LIST!

Before we sign off we can't resist taking a moment to talk about some of next year's plans. In the spring we're so excited to be publishing new work from Sara Baume and a debut from Doireann Ní Ghríofa!
Our 2020 Recovered Voice work will be an anthology from the great Jack Fennell, who we're so excited to be working with again.

There's more information on all three titles right here

The story was picked up by the Bookseller, and Sara Baume's handiwork has already been noted as one to watch out for in 2020 by Stylist.

Bring on the roaring (20)20s!

Thanks for reading!

Sarah, Lisa & Laura
Twitter
Facebook
http://www.tramppress.com/
Instagram
Tramp Press gratefully acknowledges the financial assistance of the Arts Council.
Copyright © 2019 Tramp Press, All rights reserved.
We use this address for the newsletter only, so please don’t hit ‘reply’ to this email or you’ll end up in a vortex. If you have questions for us, check out tramppress.com, or follow us on twitter @tramppress.
Our mailing address is: infoATtramppress.com
Tramp Press · Dublin · Dublin, Dublin · Ireland
--
Studio NI: Promoting Arts and Culture in the North of Ireland since 2004. NIC101100