📬 April Newsletter!

Seacourt Print Workshop

Apr 2, 2021, 10:01:38 AM4/2/21
to Stu
Hello to all our new subscribers. Here is a round up of upcoming exhibitions, printmaking courses, new artwork and opportunities to join our workshop!
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Instagram
LinkedIn

SEACOURT NEWSLETTER
APRIL 2021

Welcome to our APRIL newsletter!

Hello to all of our new subscribers, it is great to have you in our creative community. Once a month we send out a round up email, including workshop news, exhibitions, events, courses, new products and projects. If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch via in...@seacourt-ni.org.uk

WORKSHOP NEWS

COVID-19 ONE YEAR ON

It's hard to believe it has been just over a year since we closed our doors due in the face of the emerging pandemic. We were delighted to be able to open up to our members in July so they could keep making prints, but like the rest of N Ireland we have been working at home since Christmas.

We've been able to open up a little bit of workshop time to our members as schools return and we very much home to have artists back in proper numbers by the end of April.

We hope that welcome can extend to those of you who'd like to take a course, learn a new skill, and be creative and reconnect. We have safety measures in place to keep you safe!

1. We have an online booking for members to book a slot to use the workshop via the link here and numbers are restricted according to official guidelines
2. We have cleaning regimes in place.
3. We're social distancing.
4. We're restricting course class numbers and using PPE and distancing.
5. We review weekly and then review again!

There are ways you can support Seacourt and our artists at this time.
* Follow us on
 Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
* Share our social media pages with your friends, family and colleagues
* Leave us a Google or Facebook review.
*
Buy a print or book a course
All of these things help us reach more people who might avail of our services and allow us to keep our creatives employed.

Expect to see lots of new work being released on our online shop as well as some exiting new projects in the pipeline for our 40th year!
 We hope it won't be long until we can welcome all of our friends back to Seacourt.

Exhibitions

We have two new exhibitions planned for the next few months. The first being an online exhibition of members' work that reflects on our year in isolation.

"My Lockdown Sanctuary" will be launched early May, with more information going out in next months newsletter, including a sneak peak and opportunity to purchase work before it goes out to the public.

Our first physical exhibition will be launched in June, as we are hoping to open our doors to the public once again to invite you all to view work by artist and board member Joanne Fitzpatrick.

You can still view our International Mini Print Biennial, Members Christmas Show and Alice Wyatt's exhibition on our website.
PRINTMAKING COURSES at Seacourt

We are exited to announce to return of our courses, due to begin week commencing 26th April 2021. Below are the first batch of courses, with more to follow hopefully next week, we are just waiting on dates tbc.

Introduction to Screen-printing

Tutor: Jessica Hollywood

Wednesday evenings 6.00-8.00PM

Commences 28th April until 9th June

£150.00 – 4 places, 6 weekly sessions

Suitable for: Beginners

Introduction to Printmaking

Tutor: Rosy Ennis

Tuesday evenings 7.00-9.00PM

Commences 27th April until 15th June

£150.00 – 5 places, 8 weekly sessions

Suitable for: Beginners

Letterpress Taster

Tutor: Jessica Hollywood

Sunday 6th June 2-4pm

£30 – 4 places

Suitable for: Beginners

One to One Printmaking

Tutor: Rosy Ennis

At a date/time that suits you.

£150

Suitable for: Beginners

One-to-One Screen-printing

Tutor: Jessica Hollywood

At a date/time that suits you.

£150

Suitable for: Beginners

Photo Intaglio

Tutor: Jill McKeown

Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th May

£120-4 places

Suitable for: Beginners

The 2nd batch of courses will include: Cyanotype and Heat Transfer Textile Printing with Steph Harrison and Mindfulness and Mono-printing with Jill and Caroline Stewart.
INTRODUCING OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Our Board of Directors is made up of members who want to play a role in Seacourt’s growth and development. They come from a range of backgrounds, from Law to Education. Read about their backgrounds and path towards becoming a board member here

BECOME A BOARD MEMBER

We are seeking a board member who can bring a fresh, enthusiastic and active approach to voluntary work with a small well-respected charity.

We are seeking an external Board member to take on the role of Honorary Treasurer so that we can continue to enrich and enhance our Board as we work to meet the challenges of ensuring good governance.

If you have a background in Finance, Accountancy or Audit and an interest in supporting the arts and promoting wellbeing we would like you to consider applying to join Seacourt’s Board of Directors.

Please download the application pack here.

For more information please contact our director Emma at
emma...@seacourt-ni.org.uk

NEW PRINTS FOR SALE ON OUR ONLINE SHOP
We have added a few new member's prints to our online print shop, starting from £20. Here are a selection below:

Instagram Easter Giveaway!

Be in with a chance of winning one of our Lino Boxes RRP £20 this weekend following the steps below:

1. Like our post.
2. Follow us on Instagram.
3. Share the post in your stories.
4. Comment below a friend who you feel would enjoy this box and/or Online Relief Printmaking Workshop.
We are so pleased to see our workshop buzzing again with our members, following our closure. With lots of exciting plans in the next few months.

Hope to see you all soon.

Stay Safe,

From,

The Seacourt Team

Background Image credit:

Title: 1st Law of Ecology
Artist: Steph Harrison
Medium: Screenprint
Dimensions: 20cm x 20cm
Country: UK
Price: £30

CONTACT US:

Unit 20 Dunlop Industrial Units
8 Balloo Drive
Bangor (Down)
BT19 7QY
Northern Ireland

in...@seacourt-ni.org.uk
TEL: 028 9146 0595

Facebook
Twitter
Link
Website
LinkedIn
Our mailing address is:
in...@seacourt-ni.org.uk

You can
update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.