Submit My Screenplay To The Producers In Your Network?

Creative Screenwriting

Jan 13, 2020, 1:00:31 PM1/13/20
to studionort...@gmail.com
Plus, Paid Writing Gigs
Can You Please Submit My Screenplay To The Producers In Your Network?

Can you please submit my script to the producers in your network?” I get that question a lot. I used to reply a bit snarkily, I must admit. “Can you please get me entered into the Olympic 400 meter relay or get me Superbowl tickets?” Yeah, it’s kinda like that with some screenwriters.

So… I developed a viable plan for these people, a plan that would allow them to submit their work to the producers they are looking to reach. Let me share that plan with you, if I may.

Of course, you have to make sure your screenplay is the best it can be before submitting it to producers. There are a number of ways to do so, but let me suggest a process that might work for you.

I’m assuming you’ve not only written your script, but you’ve written and rewritten it ad nauseam, polishing it to the best quality you can achieve. If you’re not sure, give it another polish. Producers are harsh and looking for a reason to toss your screenplay into the PASS PILE.

Once you’ve done your best to make your script the best it can be, I would like you to consider...

+ The Best Screenplays of 2019 - The 2019 film year may have started off soft, followed by an underwhelming summer season, but from autumn on, it rallied. More and more critics are making “Top 20 Best Lists” this month, and the Academy shouldn’t have to struggle to come up with seven to ten worthy Best Picture nominees for February’s Oscar ceremony. Picking the best-filmed screenplays of the year here at Creative Screenwriting magazine is an assignment chock full of a similar embarrassment of riches. Still, there are some that shine brighter than others, even though all-in-all, it’s been one stellar film year.

+ What Screenwriters Should Consider When Writing Holiday Films - Creative Screenwriting Magazine contributing writer Mark Sevi shares his thoughts on writing the next Christmas (or other holiday) hit. So get cracking!

THE WRITE TIME IS NOW

When should you write that holiday film? Any time really, but if you’re shooting for Christmas this year, start now.

Sure, we’re all a little burned out with the colors red and green, and if one more Christmas carol starts, I’m likely to (air) punch an elf, but I’m going to slip back into that holiday spirit and “ho ho ho” groan my way into the season that just passed. Now is the best time to start writing while the joyous festive spirit is still fresh in our screenwriting memories.

+ Passion and Art Collide in the Exquisite “Portrait of a Lady on Fire” - Portrait of a Lady on Fire, the newest film from French writer/director Celine Sciamma, is one of the more unique love stories of the 2019 movie season. Currently playing in New York and LA, and rolling out nationwide on February 14, 2020, it concerns the burgeoning relationship between a female artist in 18th century France and her model, a reluctant bride-to-be. What makes it so special is not just their affair, but the way art plays such a part in it. The two women share a bond that is physical, certainly, but their connection over the aesthetics of artistic expression becomes the truer core of their bond.

+ 7 Ways To Define Screenwriting Career Success - Many screenwriters ask themselves (or are asked) if they are successful in their screenwriting careers. While being paid megabucks for someone to produce your screenplay is one measure of success (and a nice one at that), not all screenwriters are paid for every screenplay they write. That doesn’t mean they don’t have a measure of success to celebrate.

+ 5 More Secrets To Selling Your Screenplay… And Not Your Soul! - You read Pen Densham’s previous article on selling your screenplay. Here are some more tips get you closer to the sweet smell of screenwriting success:

More Great Articles
EARLY DEADLINE - JAN 21st
Only $29 to Enter
PAID GIGS - FEATURES WANTED!
WGA and Unrepresented Writers Welcome to Submit
(
submit on the ISA)

Rom-Coms & HoIiday Romances for Low Budget (1MM or less)
PAID: [$5000 plus 3% Net Profits]

Family Scripts (Especially Involving Animals) Needed
PAID: [$5000 Buyout]

Thriller Scripts for Lifetime-style T.V. or Edgy Theatrical Release
PAID: [$5000 plus 3% Net Profits]

Young AduIt Drama Features Needed for Under 1MM Budgets

PAID: [$5000 plus 3% Net Profits]

Major Studio in Search of Kids Animated T.V. Projects

PAID: [Paid writing assignment on show]

Seeking High-Concept Christmas Features

PAID: [Upfront plus % backend profits from sale]

Imaginative, Character-driven, Emotionally Impactful Features

PAID: [Commensurate with Experience or Script]

Seeking Screenplay for Indie Feature

PAID: [Small upfront with potential backend upon sale]

We want to hear from you. Tell us what you want to see in Creative Screenwriting Magazine.

Email us your requests or comments here:
In...@CreativeScreenwriting.com
Copyright © 2020 CreativeScreenwriting.com, All rights reserved.
Fulton Ave - Sherman Oaks, California - 91423