BBC Arts: Culture in Quarantine | Watch a new play starring Rupert Everett | Government support announced

1 view

BBC

Jul 6, 2020, 11:50:55 AM7/6/20
to studionort...@gmail.com
Plus, your artworks from Life Drawing Live!
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌

Having difficulty reading this email? View it online

Discover more with the BBC

Culture in Quarantine: Rush
Culture in Quarantine: Rush
BBC iPLAYER
Rush is a play for anyone who’s ever told a lie to keep the peace. It’s a provocative comedy of modern manners which explores romance, desire and infidelity and debates control and convention, freedom and responsibility within a classic love triangle.

This queer play for a universal audience was written for the stage and was due to open in J‌une 2‌02‌0 in L‌ondon’s W‌est End but cancelled due to COVID-1‌9. Now set in an online rehearsal room, Rupert Everett, Omari Douglas and Daniel Boyd read the parts of Man, Boy and Lad for the very first time.
Watch now

What has the government announced?

Arts venues welcome £1.57bn government support
BBC NEWS
Culture Secretary explained new grants and loans aim to preserve "crown jewels" in the UK's art sector as well as local venues. »

Pride 2‌0‌2‌0: E‌ight powerful new works
Touchdown
1. Touchdown
Reflecting on love, loss and international travel during the 8‌0s and 9‌0s. Featuring the voice of an anonymous former flight attendant.
Erasure Island
2. Erasure Island
Inspired by real-life conversations: Bisexual and pansexual erasure in modern working class life.
Lost Time
3. Lost Time
With the help of four members of Birmingham’s LGBTQ+ community, Lost Time explores the impact of self-acceptance and stigmatisation.
The Lesbian Families Sound Archive
4. The Lesbian Families Sound Archive
Audio that draws on personal experience of being raised by lesbian parents, before same-sex adoption even became legal in this country.
Decolonisation of a queer carcass & Stew
5. Decolonisation of a queer carcass & Stew
Poetry that looks in the day and night polarity of being trans masculine, Black and breathing.
Living With the Light On: Switchboard in the 70s
6. Living With the Light On: Switchboard in the 7‌0s
An exploration of the early history of the UK’s leading LGBT+ helpline.
An Ode to Women Who Love Women
7. An Ode to Women Who Love Women
A sound explosion celebrating the women we love and the strong female leaders we love to admire.
Voice Notes to my Child Self
8. Voice Notes to my Child Self
A dialogue between a trans person and their child self using spoken word and music.

Something to look forward to!

Unveiling the 2020 BBC Proms
Unveiling the 2‌0‌2‌0 BBC Proms
1‌7 J‌UL – 1‌2 S‌EP ACROSS THE BBC
Musical greats - from the past and the present - brought together in one extraordinary Proms season 2‌0‌2‌0. »

A remarkable journey

Art of Persia
Art of Persia
BBC iPLAYER
Travel through Iran, discovering the story of a complex and fascinating people, culture and history. »

Black art history

Black Music in Europe: A Hidden History
Black Music in Europe: A Hidden History
BBC SOUNDS
Clarke Peters uncovers the stories of black musicians in Europe, from the birth of recorded sound to the height of the jazz age.
Listen now
Black Hollywood: 'They've Gotta Have Us'
Black Hollywood: 'They've Gotta Have Us'
BBC iPLAYER
Stars including Harry Belafonte, Whoopi Goldberg and John Boyega share stories of prejudice and success.
Watch now

Largest-ever life drawing class

Life Drawing: Your artworks
Life Drawing: Your amazing artworks
BBC ARTS
View a selection of the wonderful pieces submitted during Life Drawing Live!
View now
Life Drawing Live: Pose Cam
Life Drawing Live: Pose Cam
BBC iPLAYER
Draw along with BBC F‌our's Life Drawing Live! as Pose Cam remains on the models throughout each session.
Watch now

An iconic artist

Keith Haring: Street Art Boy
Keith Haring: Street Art Boy
BBC iPLAYER
The definitive story of international art sensation Keith Haring, told using previously unheard interviews. »

  Are we getting this right?

  We've sent you this dedicated 'Arts & Culture' email based on what you've already watched, read or listened to from across the BBC. As we get to know you better we will begin to understand which specific passions pique your interest.

Let us know if we're on the right track. A 'thumbs up' means you will continue to receive these Arts & Culture updates. A 'thumbs down' means we will not email you about this again.

I'm happy to receive Arts & Culture email updates.
I'd rather not receive Arts & Culture email updates.
I'm happy to receive Arts & Culture email updates.
I'd rather not receive Arts & Culture email updates.
.
Terms of use  |  Cookies  |  Privacy  |  Unsubscribe
.

To stop receiving ‘Discover more with the BBC’ newsletters click here to unsubscribe. Or you can update your email preferences in your BBC account settings.

This email is intended for UK residents. Please note that some features and content in this newsletter are only available to people in the UK. You can update your personal details including your Postcode and Email Address in your account settings.

Find out everything you need to know about using your BBC account, all in one place.
This email newsletter suggests things we think you'll like based on what we know about you. To find out more about personalisation at the BBC, click here.

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read about our approach to external linking.

BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA, UK
Copyright © 2‌020 BBC