Exhibition staff | Stage management | Magazine art direction | Theatre apprenticeships

Creative Choices

May 21, 2019, 5:00:23 AM5/21/19
to studionort...@gmail.com

Having trouble reading this email? View it in your browser

Twitter Follow us on Twitter

Issue 441 | May 2019

The Stage, Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, UK Theatre and Society of London Theatre have just released Get Into Theatre - an exciting new resource to support careers in theatre.

And if you're ready to take that step, check out the apprenticeships available at the Royal Opera House.

We also hear from our winners of the 2019 Creative Choice Award - Museums Galleries Scotland was recognised for their continued excellence in breaking down the barriers to entry in the creative and cultural sector.

A new resource to Get Into Theatre

The Stage, Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, UK Theatre and Society of London Theatre join forces to break down barriers to a career in theatre.

Get Into Theatre provides accessible and practical advice for young people and careers advisors.

» Get Into Theatre

Museums Galleries Scotland, Creative Choices Award winner

Museums Galleries Scotland won the Creative Choices Award in the Creative & Cultural Skills Awards 2019

We spoke to Markus Offer, Programme Manager for Skills For Success about the work they do, and about their plans for the future.

» Museums Galleries Scotland

Amelia Gregory, magazine art director

Amelia is the art director and founder of Amelia's Magazine, which posts on art, design, music and fashion.

She spoke to us about how she commissions work from illustrators and is in charge of the magazine's look and feel.

» Magazine Art Director

Josh Rosen, stage manager

Stage manager Josh has worked at the O2 Academy Brixton for 21 years, but his history of backstage work goes back even further.

He told us about his career, from touring with Motörhead to applying farming skills to festival work, and gave 3 tips for becoming a stage manager.

» Stage manager

Exhibitions staff

Exhibition staff plan, organise and show exhibitions of artefacts, paintings or other objects. They have to consider the venue, lighting, heating and humidity conditions for a collection.

They also have to take account of the security details for a show, work with a catalogue to label and describe items for the public.

Facebook Twitter Google+

Forward this email to a friend. You can email us at in...@creative-choices.co.uk

You have received this email by signing up to Creative Choices. We will bring you news, stories and career advice for the creative and cultural industries. If you want to opt out of receiving this, you can unsubscribe at any time.

Creative Choices is a service from Creative & Cultural Skills. Creative and Cultural Industries Ltd is registered in England as Charity no. 1105974 and Company no. 05122855.