Our flash #writing workshop is now open! From: @FracturedLit

Studio NI

May 2, 2021, 11:42:49 AM5/2/21
to studio...@googlegroups.com
K-Ming Chang, Anthony Varallo, Meghan Phillips, Cathy Ulrich, Sherrie Flick, Tara Isabel Zambrano, and more...

Fractured Lit

Hey flash writers,

If you’re like me you’ve found some time in the past year to write some flash drafts, but even after a revision or two, you’re wondering if they’re ready to submit. At Fractured Lit, we’re excited to offer submitters a chance to participate in our Flash Lab! We looked around and realized that no one was offering direct, actionable, and developmental feedback directly from top-tier flash fiction editors and writers. Sometimes all we need is some inspiration from the editors and writers who we’d love to publish with in the future!

This is an all-online space to get your work read and edited by the very people who accept/reject flash fiction for a living. We are fortunate enough to have secured some great editors to participate—K-Ming Chang of Waxwing, Anthony Varallo of Crazy Horse, Meghan Phillips of Third Point Press, Cathy Ulrich of Milk Candy Review, Sherrie Flick of Smokelong Quarterly, Tara Isabel Zambrano of Waxwing and Amber Sparks, Sara Lippman and myself. These editors have likely published some of your favorite contemporary flash writers! Check out their amazing mags and the incredible flash they publish. They will apply their expertise on your flash—personalized developmental feedback that will help your flash find their way to the page. These editors receive a significant portion of the Lab fee.

We're also doing the most to pack this opportunity with great material!

Need some Inspiration? I’m including all new flash fiction prompts based on my hard to get into Flash Perspectives classes! 8 new stories analyzed for their craft moves and 8 new prompts to inspire you to write some new flash! "Tommy Dean brought such energy and enthusiasm as a guest teacher in my workshop! He has a gift for sparking creativity and innovation in writers. As a gifted practitioner of the short form and a knowledgeable and inspiring teacher, he is sure to bring fresh insights and expertise to his own classes as well. I'm excited for any writers lucky enough to work with him!" Kathy Fish

Want to know why flash is rejected/accepted? The team and I at Fractured are working on developing the best practical advice for submitting writers, based on the thousands of submissions we've processed over the past year. We've learned so much about what signals to us that a flash has what it takes to move forward to publication, and we want to share all of it with you.

Want some advice on where else to submit? Let us help—we will send you a dozen great places that could be a good fit for your particular voice. Every participant will get individualized recommendations from our experienced team.
Head over to our submittable to participate. Sign up, share up to 3-5 flash and micros (3,000 words or less total) (this will give the editor a broad view of your strengths and weaknesses), and get ready to take your writing to the next level.

Best,
Tommy
Editor, Fractured Lit

LEARN MORE

Fractured Lit
70 SW Century Drive Suite 100442
Facebook
Twitter

You received this email because you are registered with Fractured Lit, CRAFT, and The Masters Review

SendinBlue

© 2020 Fractured Lit

--
Studio NI: Promoting Arts and Culture in the North of Ireland since 2004. NIC101100