Kinopolis Polish Film Festival and It's a Wonderful Life!

Irish Film Institute

Dec 4, 2018, 2:08:07 PM12/4/18
to Stu
Click here to view this email in your browser
Hello and welcome to your weekly IFI newsletter.

Happy December everybody! We hope you've got your Christmas shopping well in hand and you'll have time to relax a little in the coming weeks. Why not pop into the IFI for some festive treats - we're confident there's something for everyone this Christmas at the IF!

We're thrilled to bring Frank Capra's all-time classic It's A Wonderful Life back in a sparkling new 4K restoration from December 14th. Before that we have a special screening of Joyeux Noël on Wednesday 12th and new Irish documentary Keepers of the Flame from Friday 14th, with a director Q&A on opening night.

The IFI & Kinopolis Polish Film Festival also returns this Thursday until Sunday, and you won't want to miss the incredible documentary Dead Souls which screens across two days on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th.

Finally, this Friday sees the release of highly anticipated films The Old Man and the Gun starring Robert Redford and Sorry To Bother You

Read on for more, and we hope to see you soon! (Don't forget, you can always find our weekly schedule or download the PDF here.)
IFI MEMBERSHIP - MOVIES AND MORE!
Give the gift of IFI Membership this year and get a free cinema ticket to use right away, as well as discounts throughout the IFI, extra loyalty points, the chance to come to free previews every month and plenty more! Click here for all the details.
BATTLEFIELD - WED 5TH AT 18.50
Tomorrow at 18.50 a new Irish documentary celebrates the life of Mick O'Dea, one of Ireland's most renowned living painters. Battlefield screens with Paddy Cahill's short Merging Views and will be followed by a Q&A with director Emile Dinneen and Mick O’Dea.
IFI & KINOPOLIS POLISH FILM FESTIVAL
The best of Polish cinema comes to Dublin with seven features and an animation programme. We're delighted to welcome actor Olgierd Łukaszewicz for opening film A Cat With a Dog this Thursday and director Małgorzata Szumowska for Mug on Saturday. Tickets and info
DECEMBER AT THE IFI
It's a packed month including new Irish documentary Keepers of the Flame with Q&A on Friday 14th, the epic documentary Dead Souls from Saturday 15th, and a special Feast Your Eyes screening of It's a Wonderful Life on Tuesday 18th. All December events.
NEW RELEASES - FRIDAY 7TH
Robert Redford headlines the utterly charming drama The Old Man and the Gun, also starring Sissy Spacek, and Boots Riley's directorial debut Sorry To Bother You explodes onto the big screen - you've never seen anything like it!
DISCOVER THE NEW WINTER MENU AT THE IFI CAFÉ BAR
CLOSING THURS:
COLD WAR & WIDOWS

ACCESSIBLE SCREENINGS: THE OLD MAN AND THE GUN & MORE

Archive at Lunchtime: December
Get into the spirit of the season with Christmas stories from the IFI Irish Film Archive.

Click here for more details of our Archive at Lunchtime Programmes.

Box Office: Call 01 679 3477 or book online at www.ifi.ie

Accessible Screenings: Click here for upcoming open captioned and audio described screenings and to sign up for more information.
Copyright © 2018 Irish Film Institute, All rights reserved.
Be the first to hear about new films, festivals and ticket offers!

Our mailing address is:
Irish Film Institute
6 Eustace Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

Click here to unsubscribe from this list