Can we tickle your fancy? #Music events at @PorticoArds #Portaferry #NorthernIreland

Studio NI

Apr 4, 2021, 9:24:44 PM4/4/21
to studio...@googlegroups.com
Pretty please? There's rock, classical piano, indie-folk, organ, not to mention a lovely mezzo-soprano... ➡

What tickles your fancy?

'Broken Wing' by Cormac Neeson
Cormac Neeson LIVESTREAM
Saturday 10 April 7.30pm

Cormac Neeson is the lead singer of Irish band The Answer. His debut Solo Album, White Feather, was released in April 2019 and the album charted at number 4 in the UK national Country Rock album charts. In this gig he will be performing with Belfast based singer-songwriter Donal Scullion.

The live stream will feature a Q&A too so if there's anything you want us to ask Cormac send your question to Ver...@porticoards.com

Please note this gig will be streamed LIVE as a private event for ticket holders only on our YouTube channel. The recorded live gig will be available to ticket holders for one week after the show.

This concert is presented in partnership with Ards and North Down Borough Council.
Ooh he tickles my fancy!

A selection from recordings by Margaret Phillips
Organ Recital by Margaret Phillips
LIVESTREAM
Saturday 24 April 7.30pm

One of Britain's outstanding concert organists, Margaret Phillips made her debut at the Royal Festival Hall in 1972 and soon gained an international reputation as a soloist. Her numerous CDs, including the complete works of J.S. Bach and other composers, have been highly praised.

The live stream will feature a Q&A too so if there's anything you want us to ask Margaret send your question to Ver...@porticoards.com

Please note this gig will be streamed LIVE as a private event for ticket holders only on our YouTube channel. The recorded live gig will be available to ticket holders for one week after the show.

Supported by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
That might possibly interest one

IIda Pelliccioli performs Bach's Prelude and Fugue in A minor
Ida Pelliccioli LIVESTREAM
Saturday 27 May 7.30pm

We are thrilled to welcome the prodigious talent of Italian-Croatian pianist Ida Pelliccioli. Ida brings a fascinating programme of 20th and 21st century pieces that explore metaphysics:

Arvo Pärt – Für Alina
Peteris Vasks – Eine kleine Nachtmusik
Elena Kats-Chernin – Page turn
John Tavener – Pratirupa

This concert is supported by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
That's mighty fine fancy tinkling

LORE cover 'Teenage Kicks'
LORE and Saffyre
Saturday 5 June 7.30pm

Lore and Saffyre, both from Northern Ireland, have come together to create an unforgettable night of contemporary Irish and American music. Both bands have been attracting audiences with their stunning vocal harmonies and finely crafted original songs.

Please note: we don't know yet if we will be allowed an actual in situ audience for this gig at Portico but if we are not then this concert will be a LIVE STREAM instead.
Ah, I remember when I had my fancy tickled...

Kathryn Rudge interviewed in 2017
Kathryn Rudge and Christopher Glynn
Saturday 5 June 7.30pm

We are thrilled to welcome back the gorgeous voice that is Kathryn Rudge. Accompanied by Christopher Glynn, Kathryn will sing a selection from Elgar's Sea Pictures as well as repertoire from Harty & Coates.

Please note: we don't know yet if we will be allowed an actual in situ audience for this gig at Portico but if we are not then this concert will be a LIVE STREAM instead.

Supported by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
More fancy tinkling PLUS a voice that tickles many a fancy

How does this streaming malarkey work then?

It's easy. You need a screen with internet access and chances are if you're reading this then you've already got that!

You buy a ticket as normal. Half an hour or so before the show we send you an email with a link to the private show on YouTube. You click on the link and before you know it you're enjoying a live event!

The ticket will give access for one device. More than one person can watch one device - feel free to be honest and ethically superior by buying one ticket per person. Artists and venues need your support!

What's the quality like? See for yourself!
Portico's ability to livestream concerts has been made possible by funding from Ards and North Down Borough Council,  the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, the Community Foundation for Northern Ireland and the Department for Communities. Thank you all!

All the latest updates are on our website and our Facebook page

Facebook
Twitter
Website

Our mailing address is:
Portico
Meetinghouse Street
Portaferry
BT22 1LE

http://www.porticoards.com
--
Studio NI: Promoting Arts and Culture in the North of Ireland since 2004. NIC101100