New in November

Queen's Film Theatre

Nov 1, 2019, 6:00:58 AM11/1/19
to studionort...@gmail.com
New Scorsese, new look, new festivals
View this email in your browser
A new look for November

You might have seen our November programmes look a little different. Over the last few months we've been working with Rinky Design to come up with a new look for QFT. We'll be telling you more about how the new look was developed over the coming week. Needless to say, we liked it so much we had to make two covers!
FROM FRI 1 NOV
Michelle Williams looks wistfully at a New York skyline
After the Wedding

Michelle Williams and Julianne Moore star in a story of secrets and lies as a woman goes to New York in search of a funder for her charity in India.
Monos

Winner of the Best Film Award at this year's London Film Festival, Alejandro Landes's film is like Apocalypse Now meets Lord of the Flies.
FROM FRI 8 NOV
The Irishman

This one doesn't need much of an introduction. Martin Scorsese teams up with Pacino, De Niro and Pesci for a return to brilliant mobster form.
FROM FRI 15 NOV
Sorry We Missed You

Ken Loach follows up I, Daniel Blake with a searing critique of how zero hour contracts and the gig economy are destroying people's lives.
A couple lie in a bed divided by their small child. The woman looks at the ceiling, the man looks at her.
Marriage Story

Noah Baumbach (Frances Ha, The Squid and the Whale) hits another high with this incisive and compassionate portrait of a marriage's breakdown.

FROM FRI 22 NOV
Judy & Punch

This visceral live-action reinterpretation of the famous 17th century puppet show sees Mia Wasikowska take on the role of avenger.
Atlantics

French-Sengalese filmmaker Mati Diop won the Grand Prix at this year's Cannes film for feature debut - a supernatural drama rooted in real world social commentary.
SPECIAL EVENTS & SEASONS
Stephen Rea as Eric Miller holding a small baby wrapped in a pink blanket
Cyprus Avenue + Q&A
Mon 4 Nov, 6pm (Sold out)

This special screening of David Ireland's shocking black comedy is followed by a Q&A.

The Mona Lisa with her enigmatic smile
Exhibition on Screen: Leonardo - The Works
Wed 6 & Sun 17 Nov

See Leonardo da Vinci's work like never before. Up close in 4K on the big screen.

Musicals! The classics

See classics West Side Story, Calamity Jane (one screening has already sold out!) and John Waters's cult hit Cry-Baby as part of our Musicals! Season.
Outburst Queer Arts Festival
12-16 Nov

See the best new Queer Cinema out there, including Céline Sciamma's brilliant Portrait of a Young Lady on Fire and Trouble, a documentary of a young woman reuniting with her estranged father in Northern Ireland.
Berry Gordy and Smokey Robinson smiling with an old record
Hitsville: The Making of Motown
Fri 1 & Sat 2 Nov

Go behind the scenes of one of the world's most iconic music labels and discover the story of its heyday.
Real to Reel: The Conversation
Mon 11 Nov, 6pm

Francis Ford Coppola's classic returns to the big screen with a post-film discussion led by Dr Jonathan Heaney.
Musicals! The hidden gems

Seen the classics a hundred times before? This month we've got a few hidden gems including 1935's First a Girl and Indian melodrama Pakeezah.
London Korean Film Festival
19-21 Nov

We're delighted to have London Korean Film Festival back as part of its 2019 tour. We've got a hilarious chicken-shop stake-out, a classic of Korean realist cinema and a moving study of a couple's divorce.
Copyright © 2019 Queen's Film Theatre, All rights reserved.