Training: Personalizing your query letters

Martin C (Reedsy)

Jan 7, 2019, 11:01:22 AM1/7/19
to studionort...@gmail.com
Learn how to grab an agent's attention in this Wednesday's live webinar.
"To whom it may concern."

These five words will doom almost any query letter. They show that you're probably sending the same email to every agent under the sun or, even worse, that you couldn't be bothered to find out their name. Considering the size of the average agent's slush pile, they need a reason to think that you and your book are perfect for them. And that starts with personalizing your query letter.

This Wednesday, Rachel Stout (formerly of NY agency Dystel & Goderich) will show you her top tips for focusing queries to their targeted agents. You will learn how to:
  • Research agents;
  • Use your research to make a connection; and
  • Seamlessly personalize your query around a standard pitch.
As always, there will be a Live Q&A where you can ask Rachel for advice. Register for instructions on how to tune in live — and to receive the replay and transcript.
Register for Free

If one of your goals for 2019 is to get published, then this week's Reedsy Live should help you on your way.

See you on Wednesday!

Martin @ Reedsy

Connecting authors with the industry's best editors, designers, and book marketers.

Learn more about our services

Copyright © 2019 Reedsy

I personally recommend you update your preferences.
That said, you can also break our hearts and unsubscribe from this list.