Last chance to book your seat for the Dublin Lectures! ⏰

Robbie in The Little Museum

Feb 23, 2021, 6:40:13 PM2/23/21
to studionort...@gmail.com
Buy your ticket today.
Only seven days to go!

We are hugely excited about these six 45-minute Zoom talks in which Professor David Dickson – author of the definitive history of Dublin – will tell the story of the city from the arrival of the Vikings in 841 to the arrival of Google in 2003.

So join us at The Dublin Lectures... and make this a meaningful lockdown! They start at 6pm next Tuesday, March 2nd, and at the same time every Tuesday until April 6th. Presented on Zoom, these talks will enlighten and delight anyone with an interest in Irish history.

Tickets for the series cost €50, and your host, David Dickson, will answer questions after each talk. To buy a ticket for you – or someone you love – click here or ring Robbie on 085 163 0674.

While stocks last, you can also buy a signed copy of David’s highly acclaimed book, Dublin: The Making of a Capital City.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
Upcoming Talks

Our free weekly webcast continues to be popular with friends of the museum. This week on 120 Dublin Stories, Sarah will be joined by two legends of the museum world – Mark Leslie, of Martello Media, and Tomislav Sola, founder of the Best in Heritage Conference.

The conversation will explore Mark and Tomislav's fascinating careers, the experience of exhibiting Irish history, reflections on museum trends, the science of public memory and principles of exhibition design. And, as always we welcome your questions.

SEND ME A LINK TO 120 STORIES
We never close!

You cannot shop in person right now because of the wretched pandemic. But the experience of shopping online has vastly improved in recent months, as our director observed in the Irish Times last Saturday.

The museum's online shop stocks a small but perfectly formed collection of books, toys and gifts. Why not browse here and see if something catches your eye?

VISIT THE LITTLE SHOP HERE
Entries close on March 17th
Port Short Film Prize 2021

This is a friendly reminder that there is just under one month left to enter the €20,000 Port Short Film Prize 2021. For more information about the prize, click here.

"The winning 2021 Port Short entry will be a celebration of Dublin - a look at where we have come from and indeed where we are going."

- Lar Joye, Port Heritage Director

To get you in the creative mood, watch last year's winner, “The Chancers’ Guide to Dublin,” produced by Aoife Noonan and directed by Ben O’Connor. It is now available to view on the RTE Player.

The great actor Gabriel Byrne had this advice for filmmakers applying to tell their story:

“In my experience, it's the tiny things - the unremarkable - that which we pass by every day that illuminates a much bigger truth. Try to find the things you take for granted."

Click here to watch the full video

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Does anybody read this?
Yes. The February edition of our Museum Gazette was sent to 25, 269 charming and intelligent people. It was opened by 24.7% of our mailing list.

Thank you for taking an interest in our work. Stay safe – and we look forward to welcoming you back to the museum in real life one day soon.

FORWARD TO A FRIEND
And finally
“Spring drew on…and a greenness grew over those brown beds, which, freshening daily, suggested the thought that Hope traversed them at night, and left each morning brighter traces of her steps.”

– Charlotte Bronté
https://www.facebook.com/littlemuseumdub/
https://twitter.com/littlemuseumdub
https://www.instagram.com/littlemuseumdub/
https://www.littlemuseum.ie/
The Little Museum of Dublin is a registered charity. Founded in 2011, our mission is to create a world-class museum experience that personifies the history, humour and hospitality of Dublin.

The Little Museum of Dublin, 15 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland

Copyright © 2020 Little Museum of Dublin, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is: rob...@littlemuseum.ie