Create50... Why YOU should come to the Twisted50 and Singularity50 Launch and Awards

Chris at LondonSWF

Dec 4, 2018, 11:05:45 AM12/4/18
to Stu

Why YOU should come to the Twisted50 and Singularity50 Launch and Awards One thing we have learned from all our adventures in Create50 is that the wr

Web Version   Preferences   Subscribe   Unsubscribe
Like   Tweet   Pin   +1   in
05-11-2018 14-30-32

Why YOU should come to the Twisted50 and Singularity50 Launch and Awards

One thing we have learned from all our adventures in Create50 is that the writers, and especially THE WRITERS, don’t shout about their success enough.

TICKETS HERE

As one writer shared with us ‘I don’t want to put it on my Facebook feed as my friends will think I am bragging.’

While it’s easy for many of us all to say to that writer, ‘for goodness sake, blow your own trumpet!’, we should also ask, have I been holding back too?

Watching from the sidelines, I would suggest that 85% of the winning writers in Twisted50 could… and SHOULD do more to help promote the success of their work in this volume. And in doing so, help promote all the other writers in the book, and the Twisted50 initiative too.

This blog entry is a loving hug to ALL of us who find it hard to shout about our individual successes.

And today, in this world, shouting about success is essential.

So, to the Awards and Launch party.

This is an extraordinary opportunity to meet everyone involved in the creation of Twisted50 and Evil Little Sister. It will be huge fun.

It is also a brilliant photo opportunity and story to share with your network, on your social media and your website/blog.

Photo evidence is a great way to show that you are an active member in your success, in raising your profile and committed to the team spirit which is involved in the creative process.

So, get your glam rags on, look your best creative and professional self and enjoy the limelight YOU CREATED!

I AM TERRIFIED.

Terrified of standing up. Afraid of being judged I guess. Afraid of being found out for being a fraud (which I am not of course, but always feel like I am). Afraid to raise my profile as a writer and producer; what if my work is shit???!!!

So, time and time again I hear creatives reject big (and small) events and opportunities. During my career in the creative industry I have often heard the following:

A. I don’t need to go because I am a writer, I write, that’s it.

B. I don’t want to go, all that schmoozing isn’t my thing.

C. I’m too scared, I don’t do all that ‘being out there’

D. It’s too far and I can’t be bothered.

E. Why should I have to pay for a ticket?!

F. I didn’t win, I don’t want to go.

These are my answers to those complaints:

A. Yes, you write and you owe it to your writing to raise your profile and get out there.

B. Schmoozing, kissing arse whatever you choose to call it, is part of your success. The name you give it is simply the resistance in your head. It is about building relationships.

C. Facing your fears is part of your success as a writer/creative. Writing is very often the easy part. Getting out there takes courage.

D. Is the work you have put into your creative baby not worth the effort to travel and celebrate your success? Unless you live in London, potentially all events will be too far away from home. These are things you need to evaluate. Making the commitment and effort could be life changing. You never know who you could meet.

E. Good question. In an ideal world the tickets would be free, especially to the winners. The reality for many creative projects is that they run at a loss and they are often funded by the more successful projects within the company. So please don’t assume that companies are money grabbing.

F. Fair enough, but did you submit a story? Did you nearly make it? Or did you consider submitting? Come and celebrate that! Again, you never know who you could meet. It could inspire you beyond words.

Come to the party. Come and join in the fun and see where it takes you.

Tickets HERE

Without you, the writers, we are nothing.

Without your courage and creativity, we are nothing.

Without your dreams and goals, we are nothing.

And without each other, we are nothing.

Creativity can be achieved in solitude for sure, but together we are powerful. We all embarked on this project together and I have learnt a huge amount from each and every one of you, so come, come and introduce yourself, let’s drink, schmooze and let’s see what magic we can create in the future.

See you on the red carpet!

Cristina
Twisted50 Founder

***

Other upcoming events

Twisted50 and Singularity50 Awards and Launch (December 18th)
You are invited to an unforgettable evening on December 18th to celebrate the double launch AND Awards for Twisted50 volume 2 and Singularity50 in the spooky Cinema Museum in London (close to Elephant and Castle).

Advanced Structure with John Yorke (April 6th and 7th 2019)
He has written the best book on the suject, run Ch4 and BBC drama and won an Emmy. From Procedural to Longform, terrestrial to Netflix and beyond… Two day screenwriting masterclass and workshop in London.

The Guerilla Filmmakers Masterclass (April 27th and 28th)
Guerilla Film Making is about YOU creating world class, career launching, marketable and sellable films with the resources that YOU have and can get now. It’s about taking considered, informed and inspired ACTION today…

Breaking Into Script Reading with Lucy V Hay (22nd and 23rd June 2019)
This two day class is about earning money reading, improving your writing through experience and expanding your powerful contacts... all are the benefits of professional script reading

Networking Tuesday, work the room with confidence: LondonSWF Festival Week (April 14th 2020)
Talent is great but relationships get you hired. The ability to create powerful new relationships in any given situation is one of the primary factors in the success of your career and that of any screenplay that you write.

The 10th London Screenwriters' Festival (April 17th to 19th 2020)
With over 1,000 attendees, 100 sessions, 150 industry expert speakers and the biggest names in film and TV (from both the UK and Hollywood), LondonSWF has become the premiere screenwriting event to attend.

The Sixth British Screenwriters Awards
Join us for an evening of celebration where the great and the good of the screenwriting world congregate to acknowledge excellence. LSF ticket holders come free but can now bring a guest HERE.

Advanced Fundamentals of Screenwriting with Lucy V Hay (19th to 20th Oct 2019)
Advanced Fundamentals of Screenwriting is a must for any writer who needs to get laser focus on their actual pages and elevate it from ‘good’ to ‘recommend’. Bring your laptops, pens, highlighters, print-outs and game-faces! Expect to write and rewrite.

Our Create50 Projects

Twisted50 Vol 2…50 stories from 50 disturbed voices of modern horror…

Twisted 50 volume 2is your second sitting at the table of contemporary horror. Prepare for an forbidden feast of fifty courses… A slice of terror, grilled to perfection. Ripened dread, stewed in a sensual broth of dark delights. Followed by succulent wonder, wrapped in freshly garrotted fear. Fifty new dishes, from fifty master chefs of the contemporary unspeakable. Settle in and sharpen your knives… here come the Hors d’oeuvres! £9.99
http://getbook.at/T50vol2

Singularity 50

Somewhere around the middle of this century, artificial intelligence will evolve beyond its human architects, vastly superior in every way. Technology will become independent of us, rapidly evolving beyond our wildest dreams… or nightmares. This science fiction anthology that is set over the fifty years leading to the Singularity explores this idea. £9.99
Get it on Amazon here…
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Singularity-exploring-transcendence-technology-obsolescence/dp/1731320280/

If you do buy a copy, please do leave a review too as it ALL helps enormously.

Thank you in advance and I hope to see you at the launch party…
https://www.twisted50.com/2018/11/05/join-us-for-the-book-launch-and-awards-twisted50-and-singularity50/

Chris Jones
Founder Create50

1489591023

Impact50
Have you considered making one of the scripts for Impact50? get more information on the site at www.impact50film.com

LondonSWF Partners

logo-finaldraft hi-res copy

Final Draft with 40% off!
1. Get the Latest Version HERE (with code LSF18) or upgrade HERE (with code LSFUP18) and get 40% off.

Here's that link to change the emails you get from us or to unsubscribe

email facebook linkedin twitter wordpress

©2018 The Living Spirit Group including... LondonSWF // Create50 // Hard Copy // Guerilla Film | Ealing Studios, Ealing Green, London, W5 5EP

Web Version   Preferences   Forward   Unsubscribe