Re: #Poetry #ShortStory #FlashFic #writing reqd: MEMORIES anthology @AlzheimersSoc-iety

MEL WOODEND

May 21, 2019, 5:22:21 AM5/21/19
to Studio NI

Thank you for your interest in the ‘One Hundred Memories’ anthology. Here are the submission guidelines:

ONE HUNDRED MEMORIES

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

About Dream Well:

Dream Well publishing is a small, independent publisher of dyslexia friendly books.

About the project:

We are currently inviting submissions of poems, short stories, flash fiction and anecdotes on the theme of ‘Memories’ to create an anthology to raise money for Alzheimer’s Society.

After the submission deadline 31/7/19, one hundred pieces will be selected for publication to create the anthology ‘One Hundred Memories.’

Through the theme of ‘Memories’ we hope to raise awareness that memory problems are one of the key symptoms of dementia in those with Alzheimer’s disease, as well as raising money for the Alzheimer’s Society; a United Kingdom care and research charity for people with dementia and their carers.

The project hopes to include delivery of workshops to inspire groups and organisations to write creatively towards the anthology - if you are interested in receiving a creative workshop please telephone 07581 244393 or email the Dream Well address for more details.

All profits from sales after publishing and print costs, will go to Alzheimer’s society.

A little bit about Alzheimer’s disease:

‘More than 520,000 people in the UK have dementia caused by Alzheimer’s disease and this figure is set to rise... ...Fundraising is crucial to the work of Alzheimer’s Society - money raised helps people affected by Alzheimer’s disease and the symptoms of dementia get the support they need today, and funds research that helps find a cure for tomorrow.’ https://www.alzheimers.org.uk

Guidelines:

We welcome submissions of poetry of any form or style (maximum 40 lines per poem), short stories (maximum length 2000 words), flash fiction (maximum length 500 words), and short anecdotes, all on the theme of ‘Memories’.

Please send in your own submissions, and if you are part of an Alzheimer’s support group or any other organisation or group who may perhaps like to write something to submit to the anthology - it is widely acknowledged that writing creatively can be a therapeutic outlet to aid emotional well-being - we would love to receive work from you and your group.

•Submission is free of charge.

•Authors retain copyright to their individual work.

•Submissions must be previously unpublished in print / e book.

•Pieces published on own personal blog or Facebook page are accepted.

•Maximum of 3 submission entries per person please.

•Submission deadline 31/7/19.

You will be notified whether your submission / submissions have been selected by 31/8/19.

Please send your entries to dreamwel...@gmail.com

A Note of Thanks:

Funding is vital to pay for research of new treatments and support for patients, as well as support groups / networks, and respite for carers.

I hope this anthology can go some way to making a small difference.

I look forward to reading your responses to the theme.

With many thanks

Mel

MEL WARDLE WOODEND, MA
Author and Poet

On 16 May 2019, at 06:41, Studio NI <studionort...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
Please send info on this anthology and how to submit work.
Your response will be automatically forwarded to interested parties on our social media platforms.
Thanks!

Ps: you can also post announcements at
Http://facebook.com/groups/studioni
If you do so, please use the subject line of this email as the first line of your post.