DBF newsletter From: #Dublin Book Festival @DublinBookFest Date: Wed, Mar 31, 2021

1 view

Studio NI

Apr 3, 2021, 12:01:13 PM4/3/21
to studio...@googlegroups.com
The latest news from Dublin Book Festival

Hello book-lovers, and welcome back to the DBF Newsletter, where we’ve gathered some of the latest news, job opportunities and blog posts. Just read on…

From the Blog

We wanted to know how best to go about making zines – to do so, we had a virtual chat with none other than author Sarah Maria Griffin, who creates zines every month and sells them on her shop. We asked her about her relationship with zines and the advice she would give someone wanting to start creating them.

Read the Full Article Here

The team over at Children's Books Ireland have created a 'Mind Yourself Resource Pack' along with some videos to encourage conversations about mental health & wellbeing through children's books.

The resource pack is aimed at Primary School Children and is available for free.

Download the Resource Pack Here

The Lilliput Press is Hiring!

The Lilliput Press, one of Ireland’s leading independent publishing houses, seeks a full-time Publishing Data Assistant for the period of May to October 2021. This six-month contracted position is an opportunity to experience the front line of Irish book publishing.

Learn more about the position

Our partners have more great events coming up this fortnight. Check out our favourites below!
National Library of Ireland Presents
Talks:
Lived lives: The Irish Queer Archive

Wednesday 31 March, 7pm

Speaker: Elizabeth Kirwan, NLI

Platform: Zoom

This talk will outline the origins of the IQA collection, what the collection consists of, its transfer to the NLI, and how you can access the IQA.

Elizabeth Kirwan works at the National Library of Ireland (NLI), and manages both the NLI’s National Photographic Archive, and the NLI’s Conservation Department.  Elizabeth is a member of the Irish Queer Archive (IQA) Working Group, and was instrumental in the transfer of the IQA to the NLI in 2008.

Register for this Event

Boost your Books Sales on Amazon

This course for publishers will bring you through the nuts and bolts of how to get your accounts set up effectively and look at the finer details of your book pages including metadata, best practices for A+ pages and getting reviews.

Finally, the course will touch on the all-important Amazon SEO and how to create effective lists of keywords.

Tickets available now!

Purchase your tickets here
That's all the news we have for your this week. We hope that wherever you are you get the chance to soak up some sunshine and that next book on your TBR pile!

We'll be back in your inboxes soon with more bookish news and blog posts.

Til then,
The DBF Team
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Website
Email
YouTube

Copyright © 2020 Dublin Book Festival 2020. All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
in...@dublinbookfestival.com
Dublin Book Festival · 63 Patrick Street · Dun Laoghaire · Dublin, Leinster · Ireland
--
Studio NI: Promoting Arts and Culture in the North of Ireland since 2004. NIC101100