: 😍 #Comedy + #Music Gigs w/ audiences starting soon! 😍 @PorticoArds #Portaferry #NorthernIreland

1 view

Studio NI

May 2, 2021, 5:41:07 AM5/2/21
to studio...@googlegroups.com
Get excited people, get very excited...

The one and only

NEIL DELAMERE

is coming for a real live actual in person gig
with a real live actual right there audience!

Sat 26 June
(yes, THIS year)

Whoop whoop!
Neil Delamere, star of BBC’s The Blame Game, Fighting Talk and the Newsquiz, hits the road again with his riotous new stand-up show, Liminal. Expect an evening perhaps best described as Schrodinger’s chat as our wisecracking comedic hero struggles to figure out this strange new world.

"You’ll be hard pressed to find a more gifted comic"

THE SCOTSMAN

"A wryly brilliant live performer"

THE SUNDAY TIMES

"One lean, mean, comedy, killing machine" *****

THE HERALD
Tickets on sale from 14 May
But before that we have two wonderful livestreams gigs coming up in May.
First up is Irish traditional folk music as you've never heard it before with

TRÚ: Saturday 8 May 7.30pm

Listen here to their gorgeous sound...
Dónal Kearney, Zach Trouton and Michael Mormecha are all seasoned artists in their own right, united by a passionate appreciation of the material they perform. Their mesmerising live show has exposed TRÚ’s performance skills, the craft of their arrangements and the sheer power of their storytelling. There is nothing traditional about TRÚ except the songs themselves.
Tickets on sale now
Ruth McGinley: Sunday 16 May - afternoon recital 3pm

We are delighted to welcome the fabulous Ruth McGinley back to Portico for a livestream performance.

"Stylistic variety is seamlessly blended throughout in intelligently proportioned playing as sincere as it is supple. More please!"

                                                                   MICHAEL QUINN, CLASSICAL EAR
Ruth's programme will feature works by Arvo Part, Satie and reimagined folk songs by Neil Martin.  This livestream concert is presented in association with the Middle Aisle initiative from Moving On Music and supported by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
Tickets on sale now
What about the Saffyre, Lore, Kathryn Rudge and Papagena gigs? Will they be allowed audiences or not?

Good question ; )

We are waiting for the NI Executive to confirm when we will be permitted to reopen. The "indicative date" at the moment is 24 May for reopening. We expect further guidance and hopefully confirmation of that at the next NI Executive update briefing which is due to take place on 13 May.

As soon as we know what's happening we'll tell you!

Does the Neil Delamere gig in June replace the September one?

No - he's coming twice!
Portico's ability to livestream concerts has been made possible by funding from Ards and North Down Borough Council,  the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, the Community Foundation for Northern Ireland and the Department for Communities.
All the latest updates are on our website and our Facebook page
Facebook
Twitter
Website

Our mailing address is:
Portico
Meetinghouse Street
Portaferry
BT22 1LE

www.porticoards.com
--
Studio NI: Promoting Arts and Culture in the North of Ireland since 2004. NIC101100