Peace IV Oct_Nov Newsletter

1 view

Studio NI

Nov 8, 2018, 6:06:03 PM11/8/18
to studio...@googlegroups.com, Stu Dio
Second Round of PEACE IV Small Grants Re-opening on 12th Nov 2018

‘Programmes intensively tackling reconciliation issues not covered in depth elsewhere in the local PEACE IV programme'
Grants of £10,000 -£50,000 available for projects aimed at adults 18+ in the following areas:
  • Parading
  • Loyal Order Engagement
  • Work linking individual churches and faiths across denominations
  • Re-imaging permanent political demarcation of territory (sectarian murals, kerbs etc.)
  • Projects with those most impacted by the Troubles (e.g. Victims/Survivors, Political Ex-Prisoners, Former Security Forces etc.)
  • Projects where the majority or all participants identify as male
  • Projects where the majority of participants (to a maximum of 60%) identify as Protestant or Unionist or Loyalist (PUL)
  • Projects where a significant number of participants identify as LGBTQ
  • Projects where a significant number of participants identify as having a disability.
  • Projects engaging with isolated rural areas.
  • Projects building capacity (non-vocational) with participants who have no or limited previous experience of cross-community work.
  • Projects with a strong focus on controversial or difficult reconciliation issues.

If you’ve a potential project that fits the criteria check out www.dcsdgrantaid.com
when it goes live on Monday, 12th November 2018 at 10am.
Read Newsletter
We are also holding two Community Information Workshops:

Day/Date Time Venue
Wed 21st Nov 2018 10.00am Glenelly Room, Council Offices, Strabane.
Wed 21st Nov 2018 2.30pm St.Columb’s Park House, Limavady Road

If you wish to attend, please register with: jennife...@derrystrabane.com

Read Newsletter

Local PEACE IV Projects Make Connections Across Councils

A crisp October morning and 54 people gather in the Guildhall.  Among them PEACE IV Project representatives from Donegal, Causeway Coast and Glens and Derry City and Strabane councils, the room soon has a healthy hum of conversations. The point of the event is to find connections on 3 themes – cross-community links, cross-border links and reconciliation links.

‘It gave me new ideas on how to approach my programmes,’ says one participant. ‘I learned more of the range of methodologies used to encourage dialogue – like cartoons,’ says another. ‘The event made me think of connections on cross-border partnership.’

Participants also hear about some specific local opportunities for engagement which are being generated through some of the PEACE IV funded projects. ‘The exhibition at the Tower Museum showcased the different perspectives of 1918 which was really interesting.’ ‘I learnt about Patriarchy and the issues affecting society.’ Many participants also highlight how useful it is to network with the Peace Tourism project and consider what local venues are useful to take groups to to enhance dialogue and understanding of heritage, culture and history. ‘A brilliant event,’ sums up one community worker, ‘Lots of various connections were made between projects and council areas.’

Read Newsletter
Wider Opportunities:

Causeway Coast and Glens PEACE IV Programme extends an open invitiation to its ‘1918 Local Voices’ exhibition:
Read Newsletter
Derry City and Strabane District Council’s PEACE IV Programme is a project supported by the European Union’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB).
For further information on the local council programme contact: pe...@derrystrabane.com or visit our website http://www.derrystrabane.com/Peace-IV
Disclaimer: The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of the EU or the SEUPB.