Photos of the Week From: #Lisburn #Photography Group Wed, Apr 28, 2021

Studio NI

May 2, 2021, 9:42:11 AM5/2/21
to studio...@googlegroups.com

Photos of the Week From Around The World

The best images this week from photography groups all over the world.
Congratulations to everyone who made the list. Keep an eye out for the entry posts on the Lisburn Photography Group Facebook page and group.

Upcoming dates for the Lisburn Photography Group

Landscape Photography Meetup - Hillsborough Tour - 11am - 2 hours - Saturday the 8th of May

Beginners Photography Class - Hillsborough Tour - 12pm - 3 hours - Saturday the 15th of May

More information at LisburnPhotographyGroup.co.uk

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: Jason SutcliffeLocation: Bondi Beach Early morning shot taken just as the sun is just about to rise over the ocean. The surf was large, hence the amount of wash.Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/sutherlandphoto/Subscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://sutherlandphotographygroup.com.au/city-subscribe/

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: Rainer SichtLocation: EdenNY When winter meets spring. It was snowing in the middle of April and the Forsythia was in bloom. It happens quite regularly in this area and is IMO quite typical for here.Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuffaloPhoto/Subscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://buffalophotographygroup.com/city-subscribe/

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: Julie TowerseyLocation: At home in Ellistown Photography has been my hobby for a few years now and keeping different types of spiders, so while weve been in lockdown and I havent been able to photograph my usual wildlife I treated my self to a macro lens and turned the camera on my Regal Jumping spidersJoin our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/leicesterphoto/Subscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://leicesterphotographygroup.co.uk/city-subscribe/

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: Fernanda Mesquita LimaLocation: Chesapeake I have this amazing gift, which is sitting to have a sip of coffee and follow the growth os this little one. I was expecting for new leaves, but having this made me change my mind Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/virginiabeachphoto/Subscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://virginiabeachphotographygroup.com/city-subscribe/

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: Gavin HackshawLocation: Totland Fish and chips whilst watching the beautiful sunset at Totland whom could ask for more &10084Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/IsleofWightPhoto/Subscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://isleofwightphotographygroup.co.uk/city-subscribe/

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: Claire ThomasLocation: Reykjavik, Iceland This photograph was taken on a visit to Reykjavik with my teenage daughter in 2020! We visited in February and were lucky to have been able to go just before the world locked down!This was taken from the top of Hallgrimskirkja Church in Central Reykjavik and was completely breathtaking!Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverhamptonPhoto/Subscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://wolverhamptonphotographygroup.co.uk/city-subscribe/

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: Phil LyonsLocation: Boscastle Cornwall Sunset at Boscastle Cornwall UK. First visit proved to be way too windy and impossible to keep the camera steady so went with plan B Fish & Chips on arrival the second time conditions were much improved with very little wind so once more I made my way back to the top of the hill. This has probably been one of my most difficult images to capture simply because of the high dynamic range. Shooting into the sun we have highlights in the background and we have a lot of shadow in the lower bottom in and around the harbour in addition to this the rocks in the foreground were reflecting a lot of light resulting in highlights becoming an issue here also. I wanted to smooth the water a little so opted for a long exposure of around 3 seconds using my 10 stop ND filter to achieve this. Attempting to control the amount of light and get the right exposure was proving difficult using ND filters I had filters both the right way and upside down to try and balance the image however in the end decided to bracket the shot and deal with this in post processing. Compositionally I wanted to make sure the natural S curve of the exit from the harbour was in the bottom of the shot leading out toward the sun and the open water but also making sure the was enough separation between the harbour wall below and the rocks in the foreground so as to see the water passing and not to overlap the wall and the foreground rocks. Focus wise with very little detail in the background it was just a case of making shore we had detail in the foreground. Timing was just about right with pools of light in various parts of the image with the addition of some nice shadows. Once I had my image blended and the exposure corrections made it was then simply an S curve adjustment a bit of colour correction and some noise removal along with a bit of sharpening in the foreground. A challenging image to capture but such a beautiful place to be and very rewarding once you have it in the can. On leaving the hill and arriving back in the village it only seemed right to once again savour in the delights of the Fish & Chips as the final moments of the day transitioned into night and the warm glow from the adjacent pup became too good to resist.Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/CornwallPhoto/Subscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://cornwallphotographygroup.co.uk/city-subscribe/

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: William G CarpenterLocation: At home in my workroom I needed to photograph this Flower in a different way and thought of using black stones as a background. The lighting was strobe with a 5 degree grid to narrow the focus of light. I used a Canon 5D Mk IV with Canon 100mm Lens set at f 22 1160 sec and ISO 200Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuffaloPhoto/Subscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://buffalophotographygroup.com/city-subscribe/

Photo of the Day Photo Credit: Alan Branch PhotoArt 360Location: River Torrens looking to the city A view of Adelaide city over the reflections on the River Torrens taken shortly before the dawn service for Anzac Day. I waited for a bird to cause a ripple over the water to enhance the visual impact of the scene. The key was to wait for the cloud cover to come across the sky. So important to be patient and wait for the environment to change. This adds to the uniqueness of the photograph and the photographer's frustration when some parts of the landscape picture did not fall into place. Luckily on this day the environment was kind.Taken with a Nikon D850 , tripod, f.3.2, 1800 sec Tamron G2 70 200 lens and vertical panorama and focus stacking. Post production in Lightroom and Photoshop with saturation of colours. Website http://www.photoart360.com.au

Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/adelaidephotographersgroupSubscribe to be notified of upcoming events:https://adelaidephotographygroup.com.au/city-subscribe/

Foodi · Macquarie Park, At 7 · L 5 Eden Park Dr · MACQUARIE PARK, NSW 2113 · Australia
--
Studio NI: Promoting Arts and Culture in the North of Ireland since 2004. NIC101100