Preparing for the festive season 🎅🎄 #Bangor + #Newtownards, Ards + North Down, #NorthernIreland

Studio-NI

Nov 13, 2019, 10:59:28 PM11/13/19
to yahoogroups, Google
Logo

Celebrating Christmas in Ards and North Down
With Halloween behind us it's full steam ahead towards the Christmas season. There is so much going on - make sure you are in the know!

Read on and plan your fun...
visitardsandnorthdown.com
Bangor Christmas Lights Switch On
Saturday 23 November | 12noon-7pm
The Snowman™ and The Snowdog will help Santa light up Bangor this festive season.

There will be plenty of festive activities at Bangor seafront, Project 24 and North Down Museum. From family fun, a food and craft market and seasonal entertainment all leading to the lights switch on at 5.30pm at McKee Clock arena with extra special guests The Snowman™ and The Snowdog followed by a fireworks finale!
Read more
Ards Christmas Lights Switch On
Saturday 30 November | 10am-6pm
Join in the fun and festivities throughout the town, Christmas market, Creative Peninsula Craft Fayre and musical show, Heart of Winter* by Lyngo Theatre at 2pm and 7pm in Queens Hall.

From 5.15pm a lantern parade led by Santa will light up the town centre as they proceed to Conway Square for the much anticipated Christmas lights switch on at 5.30pm
*Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Read more
Christmas events
Throughout November and December
Ards and North Down is a hive of excitement during the Christmas season.

Whether you are looking for a family visit to Santa, carols by candle light, festive train rides or to experience Christmas as it was 100 years ago, we have it all!

There is so much to see and do in every corner of the borough!

Read more
Shop local
Support independent retailers this Christmas
Looking for that extra special gift for loved ones...

We've a host of independent retailers brimming with unique gift ideas. Pick up the perfect hand crafted piece at the Creative Peninsula Christmas Craft Fayre at Ards Arts Centre on 29 and 30 November from 10am.

Be sure to shop local and be inspired!
Shop local
Winter Warmer Foodie Trails
Building on the success of our autumn food trails in Donaghadee, Greyabbey and Comber, which highlighted our outstanding array of fresh local fayre, authentic producers and creative chefs.

Keep an eye out for more information on tours in the New Year.
Coming soon
Seasonal Saturdays
Looking for unique gifts, souvenirs and local books?

Call into your local Visitor Information Centre and enjoy festive refreshments while you browse on Saturday afternoons on the run up to Christmas.

30 Nov to 21 Dec
From 2pm

Contact the VIC's
New Year's Day Historic Ards Walk
Start the New Year by exploring the rich and varied history in Newtownards; from the Medieval plantation and Georgian period to the many interesting and exciting stories of one of the oldest settlements in Northern Ireland.

Tickets must be purchased in advance, £4 (includes a hot drink).
Contact the VIC's
Contact Us
Bangor Visitor Centre, Tower House, 34 Quay Street, Bangor, County Down, BT20 5ED
Telephone: 028 9127 0069
Email: marketingATardsandnorthdown.gov.uk
img img img