Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind & Memento This Week

Irish Film Institute

May 21, 2019, 2:07:07 PM5/21/19
to Stu
Plus Mystery Matinee, The Wedding Present, Sunset Preview + László Nemes Q&A and More!
Click here to view this email in your browser
Welcome to this week's IFI newsletter!

Our Memory on Film season continues this week, with massively popular screenings of Memento (35mm, Thursday 23rd) and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Sunday 26th) on the way. Don't forget, you can still get the remaining 5 films for €45 at the IFI Box Office too!

Also this week we feature the final event in our Trish McAdam season with Snakes and Ladders on Saturday and the same day we host a special screening of The Wedding Present: Something Left Behind followed by a Q&A with David Gedge and director Andrew Jezard.

This coming Sunday is a very busy day indeed, with family film Pirates of the Caribbean, Mystery Matinee, the aforementioned Eternal Sunshine, plus a screening of new film Sunset on 35mm followed by a Q&A with Oscar-winning director László Nemes. If that's not enough, we also have a showing of Charlie Chaplin's masterpiece The Great Dictator on Monday 27th, introduced by satirist Oliver Callan.

Our new releases on Friday are IFI Exclusive Memoir of War, Too Late to Die Young and XY Chelsea, and you can find everything else still to come in May in our handy guide

(You can always find our weekly schedule or download the PDF here.) A quick reminder that IFI Members can choose to receive the programme via email to ensure instant delivery every month. Just click here and log in to update your details.
MEMORY ON FILM MAY 11-29
There's still plenty to come in this season, including Christopher Nolan's Memento on 35mm on Thursday, David Cronenberg classic Spider on Saturday, and the marvellous Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind starring Jim Carey and Kate Winslet on Sunday
SOMETHING LEFT BEHIND - MAY 25TH
As The Wedding Present celebrate the 30th anniversary of their Bizarro album with a Dublin concert, we are delighted to welcome frontman David Gedge and director Andrew Jezard for a very special screening of this new documentary about the early days of the band.
MYSTERY MATINEE - MAY 26TH
The ultimate surprise film returns to the IFI on Sunday from 13.00. It could be absolutely anything from the entire history of cinema, one month or one century ago and you won't get a single clue. Tickets are just €5.20 so take a chance, we think you'll enjoy this one immensely!
SUNSET 35MM + LÁSZLÓ NEMES Q&A
After winning an Oscar for Son of Saul, director László Nemes returns with Sunsetexploring the twilight years of the Austro-Hungarian Empire through the experiences of his enigmatic protagonist. Nemes will take part in a Q&A after a 35mm screening on Sunday 26th.
IFI SPOTLIGHT 2019 - MAY 30TH
Spotlight presents a day of panel discussions, presentations and interviews gauging the current health of the Irish film and television industry. Topics include 2018 in review, gender equality, co-productions and an interview with Screen Ireland's James Hickey.
NEW RELEASES THIS FRIDAY
Adapted from the novel by Marguerite Duras, Memoir of War is new this Friday alongside evocative Chilean drama Too Late to Die Young and a documentary portrait of Chelsea Manning following her post-prison life in XY Chelsea
BECOME AN IFI FRIEND!
It's now even easier to support the important work of the IFI! From just €10 a month, you can avail of benefits including free tickets, early access to the most hotly anticipated films, invitations to special events, and more. Click here for more info: https://ifi.ie/friends-scheme
ANY MAIN COURSE + CINEMA TICKET JUST €19 SUN-TUES!
STILL PLAYING:
AMAZING GRACE, BIRDS OF PASSAGE
DISCOVER THE LOOPLINE COLLECTION ON THE IFI PLAYER

Archive at Lunchtime
In May, we feature free screenings of tourist films from the IFI Irish Film Archive on Monday, Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the month.
Click here for more details of our Archive at Lunchtime Programmes.

Box Office: Call 01 679 3477 or book online at www.ifi.ie

Accessible Screenings: Click here for upcoming open captioned and audio described screenings and to sign up for more information.
Copyright © 2019 Irish Film Institute, All rights reserved.
Be the first to hear about new films, festivals and ticket offers!

Our mailing address is:
Irish Film Institute
6 Eustace Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

Click here to unsubscribe from this list