Kenneth Branagh, All is True and Valentine's Day at the IFI

Irish Film Institute

Feb 5, 2019, 5:01:10 PM2/5/19
to Stu
Click here to view this email in your browser
Welcome to this week's IFI newsletter.

February has arrived, click here for a handy list of everything coming up this month at the IFI.

This Friday we welcome award-winning director and actor Kenneth Branagh for a sold out Q&A screening of All is True, screening daily from the weekend. Sunday sees the return of the IFI Mystery Matinee and on Tuesday we screen the steamy classic Red Dust with an introduction by Dr. Megan McGurk of Sass Mouth Dames.

Further ahead, we're celebrating Valentine's Day with a special Café Bar deal and preview of If Beale Street Could Talk, the latest masterpiece from director Barry Jenkins, an Oscar winner for Moonlight; the film opens for a run on Friday 15th.

Also opening this week is Boy Erased from director Joel Edgerton and starring Lucas Hedges and Nicole Kidman.

(Don't forget, you can always find our weekly schedule or download the PDF here.) A quick reminder that IFI Members can choose to receive the programme via email to ensure instant delivery every month. Just click here and log in to update your details.
SONIC YOUTH + STEVE SHELLEY
On March 2nd, Sonic Youth drummer Steve Shelley and filmmaker Lance Bangs present a programme of films related to the seminal album Daydream Nation alongside rare concert footage. Screening at 17.00 with tickets selling fast! Click here
IFI CAFÉ BAR MEAL DEAL
On Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays in February you can get our special offer of any main course from the IFI Café Bar menu plus a standard film ticket of your choice for just €19! Available at Box Office and online. T&Cs apply.
VALENTINE'S DAY AT THE IFI
Celebrate Valentine's Day with your special someone with a three course dinner for two plus a bottle of Frizzante for just €35 per person, and then you can cap off the evening with our preview screening of the acclaimed new drama If Beale Street Could Talk at 20.30.
FEAST YOUR EYES: ALL IS TRUE
Celebrate the release of new film All is True with a special screening on Wednesday 20th including a unique main course for just €21. The menu on the evening will include a choice of Steak and Kidney Pie served with mash, Fish and Chips, and Vegetarian Wellington.
NEW RELEASES
Kenneth Branagh directs and stars in All is True which explores the final years in the life of William Shakespeare, while actor Joel Edgerton follows up his directing debut The Gift with Boy Erased, a powerful drama starring Lucas Hedges, Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe.
DISCOVER THE NEW WINTER MENU AT THE IFI CAFÉ BAR
CLOSING THURS:
BEAUTIFUL BOY, STAN & OLLIE

DISCOVER IRELAND'S HISTORY ON FILM ON THE IFI PLAYER

Archive at Lunchtime
Awards season is here, and throughout February we're celebrating Irish filmmakers with a selection of shorts which have earned awards wins and nominations through the years.
Click here for more details of our Archive at Lunchtime Programmes.

Box Office: Call 01 679 3477 or book online at www.ifi.ie

Accessible Screenings: Click here for upcoming open captioned and audio described screenings and to sign up for more information.
Copyright © 2019 Irish Film Institute, All rights reserved.
Be the first to hear about new films, festivals and ticket offers!

Our mailing address is:
Irish Film Institute
6 Eustace Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

Click here to unsubscribe from this list