Your City, Your Say - New Cultural Strategy for Belfast

Belfast2023

Jan 11, 2019, 3:03:23 PM1/11/19
to Mary Cowan

New Cultural Strategy for Belfast 2020-2030

We are in the process of developing options for a new approach to long-term cultural development in the city.  We value your voice, and seek contribution from all sectors (art, tourism, business, heritage, sport, hospitality, creative industries and more) to collectively develop an authentic narrative for our city. Throughout this process we hope to engage with you in a number of ways and we hope that you will be able to contribute in whatever way suits you best.

Your City, Your Say 2019

To begin this process we are running a series of Your City, Your Say conversations to feed into what’s provisionally being called a ‘cultural statement’ for the city. There are a range of times and locations available for you to choose from, we are only asking for an hour of your time  and we will be providing food and refreshments at each session to help the conversation flow. If you have already signed up for one please share this around your contacts, we want to involve as many voices a possible.

There are only 10 places in each session, to book your place just click on the venue link below that best suits you.

VENUE

DATE/TIME

REFRESHMENTS

Your City, Your Say -  Cafe Cuan, City Centre (Cromac Street)

09/01/2019 08:30

Tea/Coffee/Breakfast

Your City, Your Say - Shankill Library

11/01/2019 12:30

Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches

Your City, Your Say - Northern Lights, Ormeau Road

12/01/2019 15:00

Soft drinks & light bites

Your City, Your Say - Jack's at CS Lewis Square

14/01/2019 08:30

Tea/Coffee/Breakfast

Your City, Your Say -  Culturlann McAdam Ó Fiaich

15/01/2019 12:30

Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches

Your City, Your Say - Accidental Theatre

15/01/2019 18:00

Soft drinks & light bites

Your City, Your Say - Lazy Claire Patisserie

16/01/2019 08:30

Tea/Coffee/Breakfast

Your City, Your Say - The Sunflower Bar, Union St

16/01/2019 16:45

Soft drinks & Pizza

Your City, Your Say - University of Atypical

16/01/2019 18:00

Soft drinks & light bites

Your City, Your Say - Vault Studios at 2pm

17/01/2019 14:00

Tea/Coffee/Buns

Your City, Your Say - Vault Studios at 4pm

17/01/2019 16:00

Tea/Coffee/Buns

Your City, Your Say - Vault Studios at 6pm

17/01/2019 18:00

Tea/Coffee/Light bites

Your City, Your Say - Vault Studios at 7pm

17/01/2019 19:00

Tea/Coffee/Light bites

Your City, Your Say -  (HERITAGE FOCUS) The Belfast Barge

18/01/2019 16:00

Tea/Coffee/Buns

Your City, Your Say -  (HERITAGE FOCUS) The Belfast Barge

21/01/2019 12:30

Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches

Your City, Your Say - Linenhall Library

22/01/2019 13:00

Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches

Your City, Your Say - Linenhall Library

22/01/2019 15:00

Tea/Coffee/Buns

Your City, Your Say -  Cafe Cuan, City Centre (Cromac Street)

23/01/2019 08:30

Tea/Coffee/Breakfast

Your City, Your Say -  Cafe Cuan, City Centre (Cromac Street)

23/01/2019 14:00

Tea/Coffee/Buns

Your City, Your Say - Linenhall Library

24/01/2019 13:00

Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches

Your City, Your Say - Linenhall Library

24/01/2019 15:00

Tea/Coffee/Buns

Your City, Your Say -  Cafe Cuan, City Centre (Cromac Street)

25/01/2019 08:30

Tea/Coffee/Breakfast

Your City, Your Say -  Cafe Cuan, City Centre (Cromac Street)

25/01/2019 14:30

Tea/Coffee/Buns

Your City, Your Say - The Black Box (Green Room)

29/01/2019 18:00

Soft drinks & Pizza

Your City, Your Say -  The Belfast Barge

31/01/2019 12:30

Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches

Please email belfa...@belfastcity.gov.uk with your dietary and access requirements 1 week prior to your session.  Please arrive at the venue 10mins before the start time of your session.

Culture Forum 2019

The Culture Forum is an annual gathering for the cultural and creative sectors, alongside key stakeholders and partners in the city. This year we will be taking the opportunity to present and explore the themes that have been gathered during the Your City, Your Say process and have fed into the draft ‘Cultural Statement’ for the city. Everyone is welcome to attend this forum (whether you participated in Your City, Your Say or not) as we want a wide range of voices represented at this event.

The Culture Forum will take place in The Great Hall, City Hall on Monday 28th January from 9:30am to 2:30pm (lunch included). To book your place on this forum please click here – tickets are free but registration is essential.

*SAVE THE DATE* We will also be holding a second Culture Forum on Thursday 28 February, which will focus on the strategic framework and investment criteria of the new strategy.  We will also have an update on the UK Cultural Enquiry report and our role driving forward a new Culture Compact for the city and region.

State of the sector survey

For a number of years Belfast City Council has been asking the sector to complete an online survey to help give us a better understanding of the capacity and challenges that face you. Up to date information is critical to help inform key priorities in the new cultural strategy. If you represent an organisation in the sector we would appreciate you taking the time to complete this short survey via this link

Thanks very much for taking the time to be part of this, we very much look forward to seeing you soon.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. To keep up to date with all engagement activity feeding into the new Cultural Strategy please visit our website: www.belfastcity.gov.uk/yourcityyoursay

cid:image002.jpg@01D49144.708735E0

The information contained in or attached to this message is intended only for the people to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, storage, disclosure or copying of this information is unauthorised and prohibited. This information may be confidential or subject to legal privilege. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then delete the email from your inbox. The contents of this message do not represent the expressed view of Belfast City Council unless that is clearly stated. Belfast City Council cannot accept liability in the event that the onward transmission, opening, or use of this message and/or any attachments adversely affects the recipient's systems or data.