Meet the Wicklow Builder who became Mel Gibsons Double 📝

MovieExtras.ie

Feb 15, 2019, 1:53:40 PM2/15/19
to studionort...@gmail.com
Facebook
Twitter
Link
Meet Conn, the builder from Wicklow who became Mel Gibsons hand double!
Conn is a builder from Wicklow who has been with us for several years. He had never been involved in TV or Film before he heard about MovieExtras.ie through a friend. He decided to give it a shot and has been on more than 10 different productions and even got to be Mel Gibsons hand double!

Hi Conn, How did you get involved with MovieExtras.ie?

I heard about MovieExtras.ie through a friend of mine, up until then I had no idea how TV and Film worked. He had so many great stories and it seemed easy to get involved so I thought I might as well give it a go.

So you hadn’t done any acting or TV work before?
I did a short film when I was a small child, but to be honest I don’t actually remember it! I’m a builder by trade so it was totally new for me.

A very different industry definitely! Tell us how was your first day on set? Was it what you expected?
My first day on set was on the Tudors. I remember being really excited and hoping I was up to the challenge, but my fears were for nothing. The Assistant Directors were so good at their jobs; it put me completely at ease. After they called wrap I went home pleased as punch with myself for starting something brand new

You’ve went on to be involved in a lot of our other production since then haven’t you?
I have! I’ve been so lucky to be a part of loads of big production like The Tudors, Penny Dreadful, Love / Hate, Reign, The Man who Invented Christmas and Little Women.

That is quite an extensive list, can you pick a favourite?
That’s a hard one, they were all brilliant experiences! If I had to pick I would have to say The Professor and the Madman.

What made that one stand out for you?
It was such a large production and there were such famous faces involved, I actually got to be a double for Mel Gibson!

No way! Were you getting mistaken for Mel on set all the time?
Well not quite, I was his hand double! I did get to wear one of his costumes which was very cool

That’s a great story for parties!
I met Sean Penn too, I was just background in the shoot but the director got me to interact in a scene with him. We were introduced to each other and shook hands, he was very nice and professional

What a brilliant experience! Do you have any advice for somebody going on set for the first time with no experience?
Listen to the directions carefully and don’t be afraid to ask the AD’s questions if you’re unsure. And remember to enjoy yourself!
If you want to start something brand new like Conn did, you can sign up with us now!
Register Now
Photoshoot & Registration Event!

THIS SATURDAY 16TH
10AM-5PM
The Alex Hotel, just off Merrion Square, Dublin 2
Come along to our photoshoot THIS SATURDAY and get involved in some of the largest productions in Ireland right now!! Over the last month we have been working on 7 BIG PRODUCTIONS and 8+ Adverts and Commercials such as:

🎬 TWO FEATURE FILMS
🎬 CONFIDENTIAL PRODUCTION
🎬 RIG 45
🎬 COLD COURAGE
🎬 FAIR CITY
🎬 TOP SECRET DOCUMENTARY
🎬 8+ Adverts and Commercials for top brands and companies

 Pre-pay online before Friday to get €10 off and TWO extra free photos!
Register Now
Movie Term of The Week

Squib: An explosive charge to create the effect of a bullet or small explosion. Used to memorably excessive effect to kill Sonny Corleone in The Godfather!
Source
Casting Notices
Tall Black Male Body Double Role
Apply Here
Biker Man for RTE TV Series
Apply Here
Biker Girl for RTE TV Series
Apply Here
The Late Late Show Tickets 2019
Apply Here

Thanks

The MovieExtras.ie Team

Ardmore Studios
Bray
Co Wicklow

www.MovieExtras.ie

Contents of this mail are copyrighted (c) Crew, Cast & Performers Limited 2018 unless otherwise protected. To unsubscribe, please visit your account or send an email or send an email to Sup...@MovieExtras.ie with Pls UNSUBSCRIBE me as the subject line.. Include your mobile number in the subject line so that we can easily locate you. Legal information: Crew, Cast & Performers Ltd. T/A MovieExtras.ie Registered in Dublin. Registered Office: Ardmore Studios, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Registration Number 54500

This email was sent to studionort...@gmail.com
MovieExtras.ie · Ardmore Studios · Herbert Road · Bray, Co Wicklow · Ireland