Your Voice, Heard: new statistics show ongoing impact of Covid on sector

Creative Industries Federation

Feb 19, 2021, 7:25:16 AM2/19/21
to Not Provided Not Provided
From the Creative Industries Federation. Can't see this email? View it in your browser.

This morning, we released new statistics, taken from the findings of our latest industry survey, showing that creative freelancers, microbusinesses and those dependent on audiences are seeing the biggest financial hit as a result of the pandemic.

Furthermore, the statistics found that creative industries outside of London were hit particularly hard, with those outside the capital more likely to see bigger turnover decreases and least likely to be able to monetise digital content.

We want to thank every one of you who helped feed into these new statistics via our industry survey. By ensuring that your voice is heard, we have been able to use these statistics to amplify our case to government for greater sector support ahead of the Spring Budget.

READ MORE

WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR INNOVATIONS.

We are pulling together an Innovation Spotlight Hub to fill with inspirational stories of adaptation, resilience, innovation and experimentation across the sector, and we’d love to hear from you. It’s never been a more vital time to spotlight how dynamic and agile our sector is as we continue making the case for support from government.  It’s clear that creative, innovative ideas are not the problem in our sector. What we need to make them into a reality is support and funding.

This Innovation Spotlight Hub will give individuals and organisations in our sector the visibility and the connections which could inspire your own business at this time. It will also provide a valuable bank of resource to dip into when making the case to government for further support for our sector.

POLICY UPDATE
Re-negotiation with the EU to enable UK creatives to move throughout members states without undue cost or burden remains a priority. We're working closely with those across the creative industries who are publicly championing the case and ensuring our sector's voice is heard by government. This past week, we've brought the matter to the direct attention of Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove and Transport Secretary Grant Shapps, urging that action is taken as soon as possible.

OUR LATEST FEDERATION DIVERSITY SPOTLIGHT: ARIT EMINUE
In the latest of our Diversity Spotlight series, we catch up with Arit Eminue - National Film and Television School alumni and founding director of one of the leading recruitment and independent providers of creative, business and media apprenticeships in the UK, DiVA.
READ ARIT'S SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW

COVID-19 AND THE EXPERIENCE OF BAME CREATIVE ENTREPRENEURS
There is too little research on the experience of Black, Asian and ethnically diverse creative entrepreneurs. In December 2020, Kevin Osborne from MeWe, along with Dr James Doeser, had the pleasure of being able to capture 20 such stories in a short research project. He was inspired by how, in their different ways, the entrepreneurs navigated the confluence of Covid-19, the lock down measures and the Black Lives Matter movement.

We cannot share the inspirational recordings with you so you can hear the stories in their own words. But we can present the next best thing by publishing the full report here. It will give you a flavour of the openness and honesty with which the various entrepreneurs spoke and provide a unique insight into their lived experiences.

DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT
APPLICATIONS CLOSING SOON
There's just under a week to apply for 'Tentacle Zone' by Payload Studios.The 4 month virtual games incubator programme is for early stage developers from underrepresented groups, and has garnered some top industry partners including Creative England, Ukie, and the makers of the popular Fall Guys game franchine, Tonic Games.
APPLY NOW
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn
Facebook
Website
Copyright © 2021 Creative Industries Federation, all rights reserved.

You can update your preferences here.
You can read our Privacy Policy for more details on how we process your personal information.

This email was sent to studioNort...@gmail.com
Creative Industries Federation · 22 Endell Street · Covent Garden · London, WC2H 9AD · United Kingdom