IFI & Kinopolis Polish Film Festival, Membership Discounts and more!

Irish Film Institute

Nov 20, 2018, 2:05:38 PM11/20/18
to Stu
Click here to view this email in your browser
Hello and welcome to your weekly IFI newsletter.

The IFI French Film Festival is now in full swing, with screenings running until this Sunday, the 25th, and plenty more to come in Ireland's biggest French cultural event!

We're also delighted to announce the details of our next major event: the IFI & Kinopolis Polish Film Festival which returns for its 13th year from December 6th to 9th. Friday sees the release of two new films: the Palme d'Or-winning Shoplifters and The Camino Voyage, the latter of which will have a Q&A screening with cast and crew next Wednesday at 18.30.

Read on for more, and we hope to see you soon! (Don't forget, you can always find our weekly schedule or download the PDF here.)
IFI MEMBERSHIP - MOVIES AND MORE!
Now's the perfect time to become an IFI Member with discounts at the box office until November 25th and a special 24 hour online deal for Black Friday from noon, November 23rd. From just €30, benefits include a free ticket the moment you sign up! More info here
IFI FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL UNTIL SUN 25TH
After an amazing opening weekend there's plenty still to come including co-directors Andréa Bescond and Eric Métayer for Little Tickles on Thursday from 20.15, two more Clouzot classics, and the award-winning Girl. Get 5 films for €45 or 10 for €80 from the IFI Box Office or on 01 679 3477.
IFI & KINOPOLIS POLISH FILM FESTIVAL
This year's festival runs from December 6th to 9th with a programme of films from one of Europe’s strongest and most prolific national cinemas. Seven features screen this year, and we welcome guests including acclaimed director Małgorzata Szumowska who will present her new film Mug
THREE IDENTICAL STRANGERS - MON 26TH
Next Monday we preview new documentary Three Identical Strangers, already a huge box office hit around the world, followed by a Q&A with Irishman Michael Harte who edited the film, hosted by filmmaker Tadhg O'Sullivan. The film releases on Fri 30th.
DECEMBER EVENTS
Coming soon we have a screening of 1940s classic Sullivan's Travels with the Johnathan Swift Fest, Mick O’Dea doc Battlefield, a special showing of Joyeux Noël, epic doc Dead Souls, Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records, and Stork Talk from the IFI vaults.
NEW RELEASES - FRIDAY 23RD
Shoplifters is the latest from Hirokazu Koreeda (After the Storm), a moving drama and winner of the Palme d'Or at Cannes this year, while The Camino Voyage charts the gruelling journey of a group of Irish artists in a small boat from Ireland to Northern Spain.
DISCOVER THE NEW WINTER MENU AT THE IFI CAFÉ BAR
CLOSING THURS:
GOOD FAVOUR, WILDLIFE

THE ROY SPENCE COLLECTION - NEW TO THE IFI PLAYER AND MOBILE APP

Archive at Lunchtime: November
Whet your appetite for the IFI French Film Festival with some French perspectives on Ireland.

Click here for more details of our Archive at Lunchtime Programmes.

Box Office: Call 01 679 3477 or book online at www.ifi.ie

Accessible Screenings: Click here for upcoming open captioned and audio described screenings and to sign up for more information.
Copyright © 2018 Irish Film Institute, All rights reserved.
Be the first to hear about new films, festivals and ticket offers!

Our mailing address is:
Irish Film Institute
6 Eustace Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

Click here to unsubscribe from this list