Top tips on #writing historical fiction from 64 successful historical novelists

1 view

Studio-NI

Aug 25, 2019, 3:50:02 AM8/25/19
to Stu Dio, Google

Hi Studio NI,

For the last few weeks, I've been sending out emails to dozens of successful historical novelists. I asked them one simple question:

What is your top tip for writing historical fiction?

I received loads of responses: 64 to be exact, including from some of the most talented and popular authors in our genre, like Bernard Cornwell, Matthew Harffy, Alison Weir, C.S. Quinn, Beverly Jenkins, Andrew TaylorSelina Siak Chin Yoke, Rory Clements, Margaret George, and many others. The answers they gave were as diverse as the genre itself, though common themes emerged around issues like story vs. history, historical accuracy, and research.

I've been busy curating their answers and bringing them together into one big, comprehensive blog post. And I'm pleased to say it's ready in time for the weekend! Here it is: Top tips on writing historical fiction from 64 successful historical novelists.

Enjoy!

Best,

Andrew

Andrew Noakes | Executive Editor

The History Quill
www.thehistoryquill.com
and...@thehistoryquill.com
Hi! If you're receiving this email, it's because you subscribed to our email list. This could have been via a Facebook ad, via a giveaway, or just because you were browsing and decided to join. When you joined, you agreed to receive emails containing writing tips, resources, and relevant promotions. Your email subscription has been recorded in order to demonstrate consent, and our emails never contain spam. If you've decided you don't want to receive these emails anymore, you can unsubscribe via the link below.

Our mailing address is:
Flat 7
204 Ewell Road
Surbiton
KT6 6HL
United Kingdom

The History Quill LTD is a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number: 12025890). Registered office address: Flat 7, 204 Ewell Road, Surbiton, KT6 6HL, United Kingdom.