The First Lesson Of Talent Campus…? YOU ARE Ready… Deadline Extended 48 hours

Chris at LondonSWF Talent Campus

Feb 2, 2019, 5:37:45 AM2/2/19
to Stu

The First Lesson Of Talent Campus…? YOU ARE Ready… Deadline Extended 48 hours When we ask for feedback from the writers who have been on Talent Campu

Web Version   Preferences   Subscribe   Unsubscribe
IMG 3331

The First Lesson Of Talent Campus…? YOU ARE Ready… Deadline Extended 48 hours

When we ask for feedback from the writers who have been on Talent Campus, around one third tell us they were certain they would not get accepted onto it and they were not ready to do it.

One third!

All of them reflect on this during the Campus and realise that this was a story they had made up that limited their potential. It may have felt real, with lots of ‘evidence’, but it’s a story created to protect them from the pain of failure.

Many even realised that if it’s showing up in their writing, it’s also showing up elsewhere in their lives also. That’s a pretty significant realisation.

When these writers say in their feedback to others ‘Just apply, do it’ they are really talking to their former selves as well as you, if you do experience this kind block.

So this first shift is the first step on Talent Campus you will take.

Moving into the realisation that You ARE ready.

You always have been.

Deeper still, the realisation that you MUST also create with passion and without limit or self censorship.

So apply now and join 27 other writers on an unforgettable journey that will transform your writing and career and create a deeply bonded peer group for life.

Submissions have been extended 48 hours and we will be closing them on Monday morning now. If you are a British resident you will likely be eligible for a £300 bursary from ScreenSkills also.

Here’s FEEDBACK from the last Campus…

And HERE is the entire breakdown…

And you can apply on this page too…

Apply. You can always say no if you get offered a place. Step out of the shadows and let the world experience the full extent of your fully unleashed creative self.

Chris Jones
www.LondonSWF.com

Here’s what her fellow Talent Campers said…

‘It was creative, intense, emotional and at times terrifying. And absolutely worth it’
Mathew White, Screenwriter

‘Jump in. The water’s cold till you get right in. Then you won’t want to get out.’
Teresa Bailey, Screenwriter

‘It’s like a glass of Beroca with an espresso chaser’
Merlin Goldman, Screenwirter

‘I have never felt so awake. Talent Campus 5.0 was a life changing experience. I’ve learned so much and made such amazing friends over the past six days, and discovered truths about myself that never occurred to me. By the end I felt like Ebeneezer Scrooge waking up on Christmas Day – a better writer and better person!‘
James Alexander, Screenwriter

‘I had expected something demanding and challenging. What I experienced was way beyond what I could have imagined. The demands and challenges, it emerged, were all to do with my own fears of my limitations as a writer. I have never been through such a thought provoking and stimulating event where, along with fear, I experienced holding in mind and containment as never before. My confidence as a writer has bloomed way beyond what I thought I was capable of.’
Teresa Bailey, Screenwriter

‘Talent Campus has been one of the best things I’ve done in my life. I expected there to be some confidence building, meeting some peers, you know, like LSF. Boy, was I wrong. It was even better. WAY BETTER. I did things I’d never thought I’d do before. Usually when I do things I didn’t intend on doing, it leads to embarrassment or regret. Not at Talent Campus. I felt proud, I felt empowered, and I’d do it all again. Sharing my writing passion with peers felt so good. It always does, but in this more intimate setting, it blew my mind.’
Susan Vermeer, Screenwriter

‘Talent Campus gives you a bunch of buddies who will root for you and pick you up when you stumble, just as you would do the same for them. It’s a collaboration of kindness, willingness and motivation. Do it, you’ll surprise yourself. I know I did.’
Mari Vindis, Screenwriter

‘The whole experience took me to places I would never imagine going. It shifted me to the next level and re-ignited trust, confidence, hope and gave me wings to fly. It was life changing.’
Deborah Hodgetts, Screenwriter

‘I was reluctant to apply as I thought I’d never be offered a place. I’m sooooo pleased I ignored my inner misery gremlin. I loved it. I met some gifted and talented people, heard from professionals at the top of their game and was treated to delicious daily doses of challenges, fun, focus and inspiration’
Teresa Bailey, Screenwriter

‘Talent Campus ended three days ago and I’m still absolutely buzzing. Holy shit, I had no idea how much I would grow/learn/change over the course of the week. I fancy myself a fairly bold, confident person, but TC helped show me just how much fear was still in control of my life. I started the experience as one of those introverts who prides themselves on how much they don’t need people, but that was just fear of rejection talking. I don’t think I would have figured that out so profoundly without Talent Campus. I learned just how much my own brain was stopping me from experiencing the joy of this career and I got practical methods to help dismantle that fear. I feel like a new person and a new writer and I know that that thanks to TC. Next year is going to look radically different and about a million times more exciting than it would have otherwise.’
Aydrea Walden, Screenwriter, Los Angeles

‘The whole event is like a huge invitation and reminder to ‘seize the day’
Desi Lyon, Screenwriter

‘Talent Campus is everything you expect from a professional course but so much more. Expect it to change your work, your confidence and your ability to succeed. I am planning to do things this year that I would have never even considered without this Talent Campus. So a word or warning, don’t even consider applying if you don’t want it to change your life.’
Jacqueline Davis, Screenwriter

‘Thank you to you and your team for the most amazing, transforming week I’ve ever had! You are an inspiration, a facilitator of dreams and total hero! The TC experience and love continues in the What’sApp group which is awesome and certainly helping with life on the outside! I am now a fearless screenwriting warrior – the future is now full of possibilities. Enormous, heartfelt thanks’
Ros Jones, Screenwriter

‘I was blown away with talent campus, I’ve felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz from day one and I haven’t stopped spinning yet – In fact I know it won’t’
Chris Lang, Screenwriter

‘I was expecting Talent Campus to help with me with my writing but I wasn’t expecting it to challenge who I was in such a profound way. Any fear-factor I had has been wiped away and I’ve emerged a much stronger person with an absolute self-belief in myself as a screenwriter’
Fiona Hunniset, Screenwriter

You can apply for Talent Campus 6.0 HERE.

On a personal note, it was a challenge AND a privilege to run Talent Campus 5.0. Only directing feature films pushes me SO far out of my own comfort zone, and the energy generated when I do, makes the whole experience fizzle for me. Awesome.

So… Come, it will cause the shift you, your writing and your career is screaming for.

***

Other upcoming events

Advanced Producing with Richard Holmes, One day workshop (Feb 23rd Ealing Studios)
Develop, finance, produce and sell your first £1m movie. We show you how to (re)structure, position and package your film so that it is attractive to investors, broadcasters, distributors and international sales agents.

Advanced Structure with John Yorke (Feb 23rd and 24th Ealing Studios)
He has written the best book on the suject, run Ch4 and BBC drama and won an Emmy. From Procedural to Longform, terrestrial to Netflix and beyond… Two day screenwriting masterclass and workshop in London.

The Guerilla Filmmakers Masterclass (April 6th and 7th Ealing Studios)
Guerilla Film Making is about YOU creating world class, career launching, marketable and sellable films with the resources that YOU have and can get now. It’s about taking considered, informed and inspired ACTION today…

Breaking Into Script Reading with Lucy V Hay (22nd and 23rd June Ealing Studios)
This two day class is about earning money reading, improving your writing through experience and expanding your powerful contacts... all are the benefits of professional script reading

***

Events in 2020

Networking Tuesday, work the room with confidence: LondonSWF Festival Week (April 14th 2020)
Talent is great but relationships get you hired. The ability to create powerful new relationships in any given situation is one of the primary factors in the success of your career and that of any screenplay that you write.

The 10th London Screenwriters' Festival (April 17th to 19th 2020)
With over 1,000 attendees, 100 sessions, 150 industry expert speakers and the biggest names in film and TV (from both the UK and Hollywood), LondonSWF has become the premiere screenwriting event to attend.

The Sixth British Screenwriters Awards
Join us for an evening of celebration where the great and the good of the screenwriting world congregate to acknowledge excellence. LSF ticket holders come free but can now bring a guest HERE.

Advanced Fundamentals of Screenwriting with Lucy V Hay (19th to 20th Oct 2019)
Advanced Fundamentals of Screenwriting is a must for any writer who needs to get laser focus on their actual pages and elevate it from ‘good’ to ‘recommend’. Bring your laptops, pens, highlighters, print-outs and game-faces! Expect to write and rewrite.

Our Create50 Projects

Twisted50 Vol 2…50 stories from 50 disturbed voices of modern horror…

Twisted 50 volume 2 is your second sitting at the table of contemporary horror. Prepare for an forbidden feast of fifty courses… A slice of terror, grilled to perfection. Ripened dread, stewed in a sensual broth of dark delights. Followed by succulent wonder, wrapped in freshly garrotted fear. Fifty new dishes, from fifty master chefs of the contemporary unspeakable. Settle in and sharpen your knives… here come the Hors d’oeuvres! £9.99
http://getbook.at/T50vol2

Singularity 50

Somewhere around the middle of this century, artificial intelligence will evolve beyond its human architects, vastly superior in every way. Technology will become independent of us, rapidly evolving beyond our wildest dreams… or nightmares. This science fiction anthology that is set over the fifty years leading to the Singularity explores this idea. £9.99
Get it on Amazon here…
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Singularity-exploring-transcendence-technology-obsolescence/dp/1731320280/

If you do buy a copy, please do leave a review too as it ALL helps enormously.

Thank you in advance and I hope to see you at the launch party…
https://www.twisted50.com/2018/11/05/join-us-for-the-book-launch-and-awards-twisted50-and-singularity50/

Chris Jones
Founder Create50

1489591023

Impact50
Have you considered making one of the scripts for Impact50? get more information on the site at www.impact50film.com

LondonSWF Partners

logo-finaldraft hi-res copy

Final Draft with 40% off!
1. Get the Latest Version HERE (with code LSF18) or upgrade HERE (with code LSFUP18) and get 40% off.

Here's that link to change the emails you get from us or to unsubscribe

email facebook linkedin twitter wordpress

©2019 The Living Spirit Group including... LondonSWF // Create50 // Hard Copy // Guerilla Film | Ealing Studios, Ealing Green, London, W5 5EP

Like   Tweet   Pin   +1   in
Web Version   Preferences   Forward   Unsubscribe