Stu, you can give hope to a young person this Summer

1 view

Jenny, Operations Manager

Jul 20, 2021, 3:01:02 AM7/20/21
to studionort...@gmail.com

Summer Appeal 2021

 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
Prince's Trust feathers logo

You can make a difference

You can make a difference

Jenny, our Operations Manager stood holding a cup of tea outside an open door

Dear Stu,

I hope that this email finds you well. Since restrictions started lifting a few weeks back I've been thinking about what happens next for the young people I work with here at The Prince's Trust. Because all the signs now show that the pandemic is leading to a youth unemployment crisis.

Despite the recent shoots of recovery, the youth unemployment rate is still nearly three times higher than the rate for the rest of the working age population.* So I hope you do not mind my directness - can you donate today and help give a young person hope for the future?

I can give them hope >

The facts are stark. Young people are the most likely to have lost their jobs over the past year. They often make up the majority of the workforce in professions which have been hit hardest by lockdown and the economic downturn, and they are the most at risk of becoming long-term unemployed.

And it's not just about the loss of wages now - it's about the scarring effect of long-term unemployment that is likely to lead to consistently lower pay, a lack of security and lower life-chances when they do eventually find work again. And it's about the fact that people who become unemployed while young are more likely to develop mental health problems which last well into later life.

But you can help - a donation today can help to prevent the entrenched problems that come with long-term unemployment.

I'll donate today >

A kind gift will allow The Prince’s Trust to scale up access to our most effective employment programmes, providing targeted and meaningful support to young people in need.

• Our Get Started programmes will give young people the chance to develop new skills and test themselves in an area which they may not have considered before.

• Our Employability Online courses will help young people to regain the confidence they have lost during the pandemic, fine-tuning their interview skills and bolstering their aspirations.

• Our Get into courses will help young people find valuable work experience and improve their CVs in sectors where there will be opportunities arising, such as the rapidly growing technology and digital skills industries

But if we’re going to help every young person who needs us, support workers like me are going to need supporters like you. Can you help us to be there?

I can help >

A donation today will help young people to take that essential first step. It will help them to gain new skills, find opportunities and rebuild their optimism. And it will help them to face the future with confidence and ambition.

Thank you for reading.

Best wishes,

Jenny,

Operations Manager

The Prince's Trust

* House of Commons Library, July 2021

The Prince's Trust - registered charity:

England & Wales 1079675   |   Scotland SC041198

Registered Office: 8 Glade Path | London | SE1 8EG

UNSUBSCRIBE  |  PRIVACY POLICY | UPDATE PREFERENCES

We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator