IFI French Fest Starts Tomorrow!

1 view

Irish Film Institute

Nov 12, 2019, 2:01:31 PM11/12/19
to Stu
Plus Adam Driver in The Report and Marriage Story, Derek Jarman, Blow Out and The Outsider
Click here to view this email in your browser
Welcome to this week's IFI newsletter!

Tomorrow marks the start of the 2019 IFI French Film Festival with over 40 screenings from November 13th to 24th. The festival will include 24 Irish premieres and many screenings are already selling fast, so pick up your tickets while you can. Special guests include Vincent Macaigne, star of Happy Birthday and Pure as Snow, and director Cédric Klapisch. Multi-film passes are available exclusively at the IFI Box Office: get 5 films for €50 and 10 films for €90.

New releases this Friday are The Report and Marriage Story, both starring Adam Driver alongside Annette Bening in the former and Scarlett Johansson in the latter.

(You can always find our weekly schedule or download the PDF here.) IFI Members can choose to receive the monthly programme via email, just log in here to update your details.
WE ARE CROWDFUNDING!
We're almost at 50% of our crowdfunding goal, and you can help us to get there. In return, we have a host of perks on offer and every cent we raise goes towards helping us to remain the Home of Film in Ireland for years to come.
IFI FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL 2019 NOV 13-24
With 28 features in total, the festival opens with Céline Sciamma’s critically acclaimed Portrait of a Lady on Fire, and closes with Christophe Honoré’s award-winning On a Magical Night. We also celebrate the work of Alice Guy-Blaché and Claude Sautet plus lots more!
THE OUTSIDER + Q&A NOV 25TH
A disillusioned Vietnam veteran of Irish descent comes to Northern Ireland to join the Provisional IRA in Tony Luraschi's searing examination of the Troubles, released to much controversy 40 years ago. Screening followed by a director Q&A.
BLOW OUT + INTRO NOV 27TH
This underrated classic from Brian De Palma sees John Travolta give a career-best performance as a sound technician who may have inadvertently recorded evidence of a major crime. Screening with an introduction from Brian Lloyd of Entertainment.ie.
DEREK JARMAN RETROSPECTIVE DEC 3-15
This retrospective season of eight of Jarman's most significant films is presented in parallel to the PROTEST! exhibition at IMMA. A rare chance to see his masterpieces on the big screen. Get 5 films for €50 at the IFI Box Office.
OPENING ON FRIDAY
The Report stars Adam Driver opposite Annette Bening, investigating the use of torture by the US Government in the wake of 9/11, while Marriage Story is a new drama from Noah Baumbach with Driver and Scarlett Johansson as parents engaged in a bitter divorce.
IFI FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL SPECIAL MENU AT THE IFI CAFÉ BAR

CLOSING THURS:
 MONOS, NON-FICTION

DISCOVER THE IRELAND OF YESTERYEAR ON THE IFI PLAYER

Archive at Lunchtime
Get a glimpse of Trinity college in the 1950s and a whistle-stop tour of 50 architectural locations around the country in the 70s with our free screenings in November. More info

Box Office: Call 01 679 3477 or book online.

Accessible Screenings: Click here for more information.
Copyright © 2019 Irish Film Institute, All rights reserved.
Be the first to hear about new films, festivals and ticket offers!

Our mailing address is:
Irish Film Institute
6 Eustace Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

Click here to unsubscribe from this list