Last Chance to Join Us for TEN days of Screenwriting Events

Chris Jones

Feb 19, 2021, 9:53:35 AM2/19/21
to Stu Dio
Last Chance to Join Us for TEN days of Screenwriting Events. Plus get access to all the past fourteen days of events. And today’s events are worth attending alone! Here’s the weekend we have planned.

Tonight at 6:00pm Ann Druyan: A Lifetime of Contact in the Cosmos
When NASA was planning the Voyager missions, they needed a Creative Director to decide nothing less heady than what music, art, and science would best represent humanity to alien civilizations? And they turned to Ann Druyan. As a creative science A-lister, she inspired a generation of writers and artists with her husband Carl Sagan on the seminal television series COSMOS. Then she looked into humanity’s soul in the speculative science masterpiece CONTACT. Now she has come to us to inspire once again. This session is nothing less than a full-on honour for us. We are in awe, and you will be too.

7:30pm A Season Ticket To Paradise: With Willy Russell
Wise, funny and incessantly acerbic, Willy Russell's most beloved works are irresistible, full of sarcastic zest and a melancholic longing for a different way of life. Shirley (Shirley Valentine) and Rita (Educating Rita) long for new ways of seeing, for alternative expectations from the world around them; they speak to anyone born without an item from the cutlery tray in their mouth, to those who have lived beyond privilege. And they have a perfectly balanced specificity and universality that makes them timeless and personal. How does he do it? What is the process that produces such an alchemy? Take this hour to learn from a real master of art and craft alike.

9:00pm Sara Gavron on writing Rocks, last nights BIFA winner
From film school to BAFTA, and from working with Meryl Streep to directing non actors in her latest feature ‘Rocks’, Sarah Gavron has become a household name in the British film industry. Sarah will talk about how she picks a project and the creative partnership when working with a writer, how she got started in the industry, and the process of making her latest feature, uplifting and empowering ‘Rocks’, with a new writer and an ensemble cast of newcomers. Born out of workshops in youth hubs and schools, Rocks has been dubbed by the Guardian ‘the film we need right now.’

10.00pm Creating a 5 part TV Series Using The Structure Of Pulp Fiction with Linda Aronson
Heralded for its innovative structure, Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction’s impact on films and television continues to this day. In this session, world leader in complex narrative structure story telling Linda Aronson joins us all the way from Australia to demonstrate how to apply the lessons we can learn from this classic film to our television projects. If your story has multi protagonists, flashbacks and flash-forwards, fractured narrative, parallel narratives… this will be a light bulb session. Master the techniques and tools used by the smartest writers to craft stories the effortlessly and powerfully interweave characters, times, space and events to create something breathtakingly powerful. Linda usually talks for two days so the idea of locking her down for a two hours as crackers… so expect it to run gloriously long!

Tomorrow…

It’s documentary filmmaking at 2:00pm
World Building at 6:00pm
Emotional and Truthful storytelling at 7:00pm
Writing Movies With Deeper Meaning… with Oscar winner Bruce Joel Rubin at 8:00pm
Then we end the day on an elevated pitching workshop with Bob Schultz at 9:00pm

Phew… Sunday and the next seven days… You’ll need to check out the schedule… https://www.screenwritersfestival.online/schedule-feb-2021

You can still get £10 off with the discount code ELEVATE by getting your pass here.. www.screenwritersfestival.online and that gets you access to everything for one year.

See you online!

Chris Jones