[Studio-NI.org] You are invited to the launch of our next...

Colin Dardis

Oct 23, 2015, 6:50:34 AM10/23/15
to Studio-NI.org
  Colin Dardis and Amanda Sparrow Large posted in Studio-NI.org .       Colin Dardis October 23 at 11:50am   You are invited to the launch of our next exhibition, 'Unself-ish' by Belinda Larmour, at the ADF Gallery on Thursday 29th October, 5-7pm. The exhibition features a range of 8” square portraiture, reclaiming the traditional art form of capturing people and expression in the age of the selfie. Belinda’s acrylics, portrayed in natural light with earthen tones, defy the Photoshop Generation, displaying an honesty which is at once bold and refreshing. If you want us to book BSL or audio description, please request this in advance by emailing in...@adf.ie. Light refreshments available. https://www.facebook.com/events/848957338535450/ About the Artist Belinda Larmour is a portrait painter based in Northern Ireland. She works mainly in acrylic, but also uses oils and watercolour. Belinda started painting at Belfast High School under the guidance of Denis McDowell. Alongside having experience as a professional musician, in the past few years Belinda has increasingly been concentrating on painting, and combines work for exhibitions and galleries with a growing number of portrait commissions. She has been a past winner of the Percy French Watercolour Competition, and exhibition with the Royal Ulster Academy and Arts Society of Ulster. Her work has been displayed in The Gallery, Carrickfergus and the Yard Gallery, Holywood http://www.belindalarmour.com/gallery.html Artist Statement “I have always been fascinated by people’s faces - by the subtle differences in shapes and tones, colours and textures, which allow us to feel that we understand something of the character of this person in front of us.” Join Unself-ish - Belinda Larmour Thursday, October 29 at 5:00pm Arts & Disability Forum in Belfast, United Kingdom 13 people are going       Like     Comment     Share

   Facebook

[...]

Chris Ledger's photo.
Thursday, October 29 at 5:00pm
13 people are going

   Like
   Comment
   Share

View on Facebook

Edit Email Settings

Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA 94303