Mentor Program News for Black Friday

1 view

Philip Gladwin

Nov 21, 2018, 6:12:35 AM11/21/18
to Stu Dio
Hi Stu,

Well, I've got a lot of news to give you but just before I do that, the trip to the remote corner of France is getting a lot closer.

It's been a while since I've been away (well over a year) so I'm pretty keen.

We're heading to a remote house just north of here:

(Probably won't look quite like that in November, but still.)

Anyway ... last weekend I wrote to say I was thinking about creating a new Mentor program.

I joked that if I didn't get more than twenty clicks I wouldn't go on.

Good news, we have a greenlight!

People gave it 95 clicks, so it's definitely going to happen.

I've put together a page explaining how it will work. It explains everything about it, including the price.

https://www.screenwritinggoldmine.com/mentor/

I'll begin taking email applications from there on (Black) Friday 23rd.

The second part of the last email talked about script consultancy.

We've never offered help for sit-com writers before, because my experience and connections are all in drama, but I recognised for ages we've failing all the writers who want to work in half hour comedy.

Therefore I'm really pleased to say that we're also now offering a small number of script consultancy sessions per month.

Drama consultancy from myself, and comedy consultancy from our very special guest
Janet Awe, who most recently worked as comedy development editor for Sky.

This script consultancy is our Black Friday Offer. The page is up, with the prices. We'll keep it running after Cyber Monday, but the prices will go up then.

Take a look, and if you fancy some feedback come back on Black Friday to order.

One other thing - but pretty important too - is that we've teamed up with the Writers Guild of Great Britain (WGGB).

A couple of weeks ago I went to BAFTA for a meeting with Olivia Hetreed, the WGGB President.

I explained what we do and the results we are getting, Olivia talked me through what the Guild do for writers, and we decided to see if there were ways we could best work together.

The WGGB will be sending their reps to Tribe meetings to give guidance to, and answer all sorts of questions from, the writers there.

On our side we're now experimenting with giving discounts to WGGB members on Open Door (from January) and Tribe (from now).

On Tribe we now give a £500 discount for WGGB members.

Find out more about WGGB membership here

And here's a list of some of the other member benefits.

Great timing, because we're now accepting new applications for Tribe 6.

I'll be interviewing in December and January 2019 for a late February intake, so if you want to be considered for Tribe 6 you can apply here.

And finally…  (phew)...

SCREENWRITING GOLDMINE AWARDS 2019...

... isn't happening!

We're actually taking a rest this year - after six great years of reading hundreds of new scripts in a couple of months, frankly I'm exhausted!

We hope to be back in 2020 with a new format. The site will soon change to reflect that.

And that's that.

Have a great rest-of-week!

Very best,

Phil (Slightly Phatigued) Gladwin

Sent to: studionort...@gmail.com

Unsubscribe

Tradejammer Ltd, Pavilion View, 19 New Road, Brighton, BN1 1EY, United Kingdom