How to build SQLCipher using MSVC?

chinakr

Aug 15, 2011, 12:49:06 AM8/15/11
to SQLCipher Users
I was recently developing a Qt software in which encrypted SQLite was
necessary. I have built SQLCipher successfully using MinGW, and then
built Qt SQLite driver with SQLCipher integrated successfully using
MinGW.

The result DLL could not be loaded by the application. The debug info
showed that I should build the driver with MSVC but not MinGW.

When I using MinGW, I follow the guide:
Building QSQLITE driver with AES-256 encryption support (Windows/
MinGW)

But I can't find any guide about building SQLCipher with MS Visual C+
+. Further more, I'm not familiar with MS Visual C++.

The problem has annoyed me for several days. Can anyone help me?

Michael Stephenson

Aug 15, 2011, 11:30:45 AM8/15/11
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com
I did a short video showing how I have done it in the past. This is perhaps
a bit "nonstandard", but it's pretty simple:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2r23XI7G7EsMWQzODNkMjQtNjIwZS00ZTNlLTg2NzctO
DQwMTlhMWRkZTQ1&export=download&hl=en_US

And also the Visual Studio project from that video:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2r23XI7G7EsZTU3Y2VlZmItOWQ1MS00Mjc3LTg2ZjUtM
WEzMTZiZGU2NzE0&export=download&hl=en_US