Login Rejected

Duane Small

Feb 11, 2012, 5:06:08 PM2/11/12
to SQL Buddy
I'm new to MySQL. I've just installed it (Mac OS 10.5) and can access
a database from the terminal command line and from OpenOffice using
JDBC. After configuring php per instructions at
http://foundationphp.com/tutorials/php_leopard.php and moving SQL
Buddy to the web site location, I can get the login screen. It
defaults to MySQL, localhost, and root, but when I enter the password
it reports that there was a problem logging in, as though the password
were wrong. Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Duane Small

Feb 13, 2012, 11:34:16 AM2/13/12
to SQL Buddy
[SOLVED]
It turns out that under Mac OS 10.5, the MySQL socket is in /private/
tmp/ rather than in the default location used by php. Changing the
configuration file /private/etc/php.ini to look for the socket in /
private/tmp/mysql.sock solved the problem.